3 : a life and death situation

╰─▗ ▘➤𖥸 chapter three
where logan gets brooke to fall
down a trap and a tall tower.

The sun managed to get its warmth through the cloth of the tent in the morning. Brooke's eyes opened and she was extremely alarmed, only to remember moments after that she had tagged along on an excursion in the woods. Against her will, she had to add.

She would never fail to remind anyone that she was brought against her will.

Brooke took notice of a large box sitting near the opening of her tent. Wrapped around it was a navy ribbon, and placed on it was a single gardenia. She brought the flower to her nose as she read the note attached to the ribbon.

To the pretty brunette from Yale, from the handsome blonde from Yale, it read.

Brooke rolled her eyes.

She removed the ribbon and lifted the lid. A lovely lavender dress was revealed, Brooke almost gasped at its beauty.

It fit like a glove which puzzled her. Logan must've had a careful eye for dress sizes. She blushed slightly at the thought of Logan's eyes focused on her, examining her as he tried to figure out her dress size.

Before heading out, Brooke ripped part of the gardenia's stem off and slipped the flower behind her ear.

Logan stood a distance away from her tent, waiting for her, presumably. She didn't approach him right away. Brooke stood back and observed the way the sun hit his features. The golden rays fell on him perfectly, as if the sun was shining just for him.

Brooke snapped out of her daze and made her way to the blonde staring ahead. She tapped his shoulder and he turned to face her. She stared right at him, her breath tight as she took in the sight of his eyes trailing from her face all the way down to her shoes.

His eyes met hers, and for a second, their minds drifted to places they shouldn't have.

"Seriously, Logan. The handsome blonde from Yale?" Brooke said, amusement dripping from her voice.

"Sorry, I don't follow," Logan replied, tilting his head in confusion.

"The note on the box," She reminded.

Logan stuffed his hands in the pockets of his pants and shrugged. "The box...?" His brows furrowed as he brought a finger to his lips and pondered. "So, there's a box, which had a note on it and if I'm following along right, it was signed The handsome blonde from Yale."

"Also had a gardenia on the box." Brooke wasn't willing to play games with Logan, it was too early in the morning for that.

"Ah, well that's good to know." Logan tilted his head down to better meet Brooke's eyes, a smirk graced his lips, a look so common with him that it was beginning to grow on Brooke. "Well, Monty, my only question for you is why did I come to mind when reading the words The handsome blonde from Yale?"

Brooke's mouth was on the floor, he set a trap and she fell right in it. "It was you, Huntzberger. Just admit it."

Logan remained silent for a moment, just smirking at her. Brooke wasn't going to let him get the best of her. She straightened her posture, met his eyes with fire, and prayed that he couldn't see that he had an effect on her.

"Alright, alright," the blonde said, putting his hands up in defeat. "The dress is from me. Glad to see it looks as good on you as I'd imagined it to be."

Brooke smiled. "Well, we got somewhere to be, don't we?" She walked away, fully expecting Logan to follow. She'd been caught off-guard for a moment, but that moment had passed and she once again had the reins of the conversation firmly in her hands.