emily byers

full legal name
emilia bailey byers

date of birth
march 22, 1971

time of birth
8:47 am

place of birth
hawkins, indiana, usa

family
darlene (maternal great-aunt)
lonnie byers (father)
joyce byers (mother)
jonathan byers (older brother)
will byers (twin brother)
el hopper (foster sister)

romantic relationship
dating mike wheeler since november 1, 1984

gender
female

eye color
brown

hair
brown, wavy

face claim
jules leblanc

nationality
american

current city
lenora hills, california, usa

significant astrological placements
aries sun
aquarius moon
taurus rising
aries mercury
aquarius venus
capricorn mars
sagittarius jupiter
taurus saturn

personality type
intp

as described by the author
i feel most connected to emily than any of my other oc's. i'm not sure why, perhaps because she was one of the first i ever created, but i love her so much. i guess i relate to her a bit. she's antisocial, she doesn't really have many friends, and she likes loud rock music, although she loves fleetwood mac and can also be seen enjoying madonna. she's also got some mental health issues, and she particular struggles with panic attacks and her anger. boy, is she quick to anger (thanks aries sun! and childhood trauma, of course). she can get scary, too (peep troy's knife she's carried around for how many years now?). it gets her into trouble a lot, usually at school. she's secretly very caring, though, but only for her friends and family. in her eyes, everyone else can go to hell. she's super protective as well, especially over will, el, and mike. i have no doubt that she would die for them, and kill for them, if it came down to it. but she doesn't like being protected. she very much likes to handle things on her own (hiii aquarius moon). despite all of this, she does have a softer, lighter side, although she would rather die than have the general public know this about her. her hobby is painting, and has been forever. if she's not off with the party somewhere or "spending romantic time" with mike, she's definitely by herself in her room, painting and listening to fleetwood mac. speaking of romantic time with mike, emily is a very romantic individual. those two are obsessed with each other, and their love languages are definitely physical touch and quality time. mike motivates her to be a better person, and i think that's beautiful. she's got some jealousy issues though, and would definitely jump any girl that so much as breathes within a five mile radius of him. mike is quite literally her everything (taurus rising!!!!). also, the bond between emily and her siblings is adorable. the fact that they're so close warms my heart. the way that they're always there to comfort each other, i could cry. jonathan is the best older brother, always protecting emily and trying his best to keep her out of trouble since she seems to attract it. and the bond between her and will is insane, like... twin telepathy fr. and emily has been so patient and protective with el literally since day one. she's very aware of el's trauma, and is sensitive to it because she has quite a lot of her own, so she tries her best not to add to it and is just always looking out for her. it's just adorable. and her friends always manage to make her happy. i'm thinking specifically of that one time that she, max, and el had a sleepover at hopper's cabin, and she and max were dancing and singing and they all played games and spied on the boys. it's just a rare occurrence to see emily so content with life. i would say that i hope season 4 is good to her and the rest of the gang, but from what we've seen in the trailers and the script leaks, i can't say that with confidence.

as described by the readers

questions from the readers