Kidnapped

LONDON, ENGLAND 1897

It was the first eve of good Queen Anna's Diamond Jubilee, and the year Her Majesty's government came...to the very brink of disaster.

A carriage was moving through the streets, unknowingly being followed by a utterly handsome fox. His name was Dr. Nicholas P. Wilde, most recently of the Queen's coronation.

The carriage stopped, forcing Wilde to stop and sat on a bench as the human passenger departed.

The fox grinned and started to read his paper.

He had just arrived in London after a service in Afghanistan and was anxious to find a quiet place to rest and find some peace.

Suddenly, it started to rain and Wilde ran for cover.

Little did he know that his life was about to change forever.

As Wilde ran through the streets to find a safe, dry place. he passed an alleyway but then he stopped.

He heard someone crying. But who?

Cautiously, Wilde crawled on all fours and slipped through the alleyway.

In the alley, he found a small red, curly-haired girl crying.

Wilde normally didn't care for humans, but he had to help this poor child.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked.

The girl sniffled and turned to see Wilde, nearly surprised.

"It's alright" Wilde cooed softly as he approached her. "I'm not gonna hurt you. What's wrong?"

"I'm... I'm lost" the girl replied sadly, in a Scottish accent.

She then handed a wrinkled newspaper clipping to Wilde.

"I'm trying to find Judith Hopps of Baker Street."

Wilde took the paper and read the headline, which said: "FAMOUS RABBIT DETECTIVE SOLVES BAFFLING DISAPPEARANCE."

The fox cocked an eyebrow at the idea, then turned to the young Scottish girl.

"But where are your mother and father?" he asked.

The child stared at Wilde with tears in her eyes and started to explain what happened.

Not long ago, the girl whose name was Merida was playing hide and seek with her mother, Elinor.

"Where are you?" Elinor said in a playful. "Come out! Come out! Come on out! I'm coming to get you!"

Merida laughed as she hid under the table.

"Where are you, you little rascal? I'm coming to get you!"

Elinor looked under the table but Merida quickly moved to hide somewhere else.

"Hmm. Where is my little Birthday girl, hm?" Elinor asked herself. "I'm going to gobble her up when I find her!"

Merida came up behind Elinor and tried to run away but Elinor catches her.

"I'm going to eat you!" laughed Elinor, pretending to eat Merida.

They laughed as they wrestled on the floor of their tapestry shop.

"You know, Mum, this is my very best birthday" Merida finally said.

"Ahh... but I haven't given you your present yet" Elinor replied.

Merida got excited and jumped up.

"What is it? What is it?"

Elinor chuckled and moved to a small cupboard.

"Now, close your eyes" she said.

Merida covered her eyes, but peeked through her fingers.

"Ah-ah-ah. Ach, no peeking, lass" Elinor warned.

Merida giggled as Elinor returned to the table with a small toy in her hand. It resembled a flower bud.

She turned the key and set it in front of her daughter.

As a gentle tune played, Merida opened her eyes and saw that the bud has turned into a ballerina, who danced for her.

"Oh, Mum" gasped Merida. "You got this just for me?"

The doll soon finished her dance. Merida picked up her new toy and got down from her chair to hug Elinor.

"You're the most wonderful mother in the... in the whole world!" Merida cried.

The tender moment was interrupted as the locked door began to rattle.

Merida and Elinor looked toward the door as the rattling becomes more intense. Elinor placed her arms around his daughter protectively.

"Who is that?" Merida asked.

"I don't know" Elinor replied.

Elinor then hid Merida in the cupboard and stood in front of it.

"Dear, stay in there and don't come out!" panicked Elinor.

It was quiet for a minute as the door stopped rattling, but then something crashed though the window!

From inside the cupboard, Merida cracked the door and watched in terror.

She saw her mother struggled against what looked a large yellow furry dog with big brown floppy ears and a red collar.

The table flew toward the cupboard, which shut the door and pushed Merida back.

"Sassa rassa frassa I gotcha!" snickered the dog.

"No! Merida!" cried Elinor.

Merida pushed against the door and was able to creak the door open and steps out.

In was silent, when the shop was dark; furniture was scattered.

"Mum, where are you?" Merida called.

Scared, Merida peeked out the window, calling for Elinor. But all she heard was her own echoes.

"Mum...where are you?! Mummy! MUMMY!"

"That's why I must find Judith!" sobbed Merida.

Wilde gently touched Merida's back as she stared at him sadly.

"Look, sweetheart, I don't know any Judith..." he began. "...but I do remember where Baker Street is."

Merida's face brightened as Nick placed her on his back.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Aye" replied Merida.

In a flash, Wilde raced through the streets against the rain. They were off to find Judith.