Stolen By The Alpha

My name is Cordelia Gabriel, and I'm a witch. It's my 18th birthday. At the Bar Mitzvah, each witch goes through a ceremony to become a full member of our witch coven. Tonight, I'm going through this ritual.

The ceremony took place in a hidden forest. Witches once flourished, but now they are in decline. Ten years ago, Alpha King, from the Dark Shine Pack, united this country, and no one was allowed to use magic in this land. The coven has been reduced to untouchables, oppressed.

But we didn't give up hope. Ancient prophecies have been told for thousands of years that in the time of the tribe's survival, a chosen one will rise up, the hope of the tribe of witches, and allow all witches to use magic freely again. And I am that hope. But I'm so afraid that I'm going to fuck up.

"Mom, what if I screw up? What if I'm not the Chosen One?"I paced nervously around the room. The ceremony starts in less than an hour.

"No, baby. Trust me,"my mother said softly, holding my hand. "You are The chosen one. The Father of Wecca has revealed it to me in dreams many times. You know, I am a prophet..."

"And a prophet's dream is never wrong,"I murmured, "but still, What if I am not the one? What if I fail? What if I let everyone down?"

She smiled, a soft glow on her face. "Don't worry, dear. You are my daughter, and I'll be with you no matter what. Why don't you get your birth certificate and other things you would need?" She suggested.

Ah, yes, that stupid Birth certificate. I went to my desk, took out an old piece of parchment that looked more like an ancient scroll with my name on it: Cordelia Gabrie. It is written in black ink and covered by a tiny, blood-red handprint. Witch Coven has some custom lagging far behind time, cutting the newborn baby's palm and imprinting on a parchment being one of them. The Birth Certificate is believed to curb witches' magic and prevent it from going wild. After a systematic study of magical theory, the witch would throw the paper into the fire at her 18-year-old Bar Mitzvah to liberate magic and become a real witch. The consequences of what could happen if my birth certificate isn't burned flashed through my mind and I quickly shook it off. I wasn't going to let that happen.

I walked out of my room after getting everything I needed, and bumped into Mave.

"Oh! Look, the chosen one has finally decided to grace us with her presence" the contempt in her voice wasn't a surprise anymore.

"What do you want, Mave?" I asked tiredly, I wasn't in the mood to deal with her tantrums today.

"Just because everyone thinks you are the chosen one doesn't mean you are" she sneered in my face.

A sigh left my lips, tired from her rude comments. I didn't ask to be the chosen one, I never asked for any of this to happen. Why does she behave like it is my fault?

"What? Cat got your tongue?" She asked with an evil smirk on her face.

"Look, Mave, I--" I started only to get interrupted by her.

"No, you listen to me." she said, her voice laced with anger and hate. "Even if your mother is right, you are nothing but a let down. You will fail and disappoint everyone." Her words made me feel uneasy. What if she is right?

"Really? From what I remember you were the one disappointing your parents and coven a few days ago." I heard Keera, my best friend who was now glaring at Mave

"YOU! I-"
"Go and do something useful for once." Keera said dismissing Mave, who stomped her feet like a little girl and left.

"Bitch!" Keera muttered under her breath.