A Virgin Witch

After he had declared the punishment, I was dragged by the guards in front of everyone like I was trash. I was then left in a dungeon for starvation and cold for an undefined time until the coronation.

All I knew was that whenever the coronation happens, I will be kept here like a décor that had been thrown into the garbage.

"Why?" I sat down with the wall and curled into ball by lifting my knees to my chest. Every time my mother's betrayal flashed before my eyes, I sobbed even more.

My heart was trembling at the thought of the punishment they had chosen for me. It was same for everyone: burning at the stake in front of everyone.

My heart was crying at the betrayal of my own coven, the people I was ready to sacrifice myself for, the people I've promised to fight for. What's sad was that they had left me tied up between those vicious werewolves, knowing well I wouldn't even be able to defend myself.

I was shivering beyond control, my mind was engulfed by all these questions, one being, why? Why my mother left me?

My entire body was aching with starvation as my coven had starved me for days in order to prepare me for my Initiation ritual.

My eyes had begun to give up as the sleep tried to engulf me but I was too consumed by the image of my mother in my head that I could only focus on her perfidy.

Just when my brain thought I'd get some rest, the door to the dungeon creaked open. I got up on my feet and hurriedly hugged myself to the corner of the cell I was in. My eyes were watching this man wander around very lazily with his hand in his pocket and his eyes not meeting mine.

I wondered what he was here for, I feared it was the day of the coronation already.

"So you are the one who practiced magic, I thought you will be much more composed and confident." His voice was very raspy, it had a touch of humiliation and manipulation.

I couldn't bring myself to respond to him, what was I supposed to say anyway?

He looked you, probably the same age as me. His green eyes were sparkling every time he spoke, he liked being in the power. His light brown curly hair was left messily on his forehead like he didn't care. He was tall with a strong built.

"I have prepared an apology for the criminals, how about we reenact it?" the guy wearing a knight's uniform but slightly different than the regular spoke again.

I frowned to myself, not showing many emotions to him in fear of pissing him off. What was he talking about?

"On the day of the coronation, you will be asked to beg for forgiveness by giving an apology speech, which I know you won't be able to do anything by yourself correctly since not only you are a witch but---," he paused after he pulled his nose up in disgust, not making the racist remark.

"I've prepared one for you," He then proceeded to speak whilst he stood outside my cell and probably scanned me from head to toe. Just when I thought I will be dealing with him only, another guy walked downstairs and from the first look of his face, I held my breath in.

He was impeccably different than all the humans I have ever seen. His charms were not something we could see every day. The blue in his eyes was shining as he scanned the surroundings before reaching me.

"Your highness!" the knight swiftly bowed down in respect and I got the idea who he was.

Prince Conrad!

"Hm! Kruz! I heard there is a witch waiting for punishment?" Conrad's voice was deep and heavy, sending shivers up my spine. As he spoke, he lifted his thick brow and looked me straight in the eye. His jawline caught my attention, he had a jaw that could cut several bars of cell with no pressure applied.