The Loss of Innocence by vague_yelhsa

NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY STORY. IT"S WRITTEN BY vague_yelhsa of CANDYMAG'S CREATIVE CORNER. YOU CAN GO VISIT THIS AT http://www.candymag.com/teentalk/index.php/topic,194912.msg5341693.html#msg5341693

The Loss of Innocence

13 Offerings  

13 Virgins

One man

One book

One goal

That is to obscure… immortality.

Who will stay alive?

Who will still be sane?

Who will remain innocent?

13th of May, I looked around at the people crowding the black casket while the priest is praying for the good soul to make it to heaven. I did not intend to kill her, that precious soul. It wasn’t my calling to be a murderer. But do I have a choice? She left me with none. Poor me, if she’d only let herself be a sacrifice… tsk, tsk. At least she served her purpose. Now, I’d have to contend myself with the last one, the 13th virgin. I told you again, and again… I did not commit murder; I wouldn’t have done it without a great cause. I am not really obsessed with it… but I would go to greater lengths just to have it. If anyone would have termed me mad. I would have laughed off in his face. I am just… a genius.

Who would have thought I have this mind set for something bigger than life?

Who would have thought about the black book?

Who would have thought my next victim will be…

One: First Attempt, Failed

 You’re the problem Bree. Not me.

“Is there a problem?” Great question. I rolled my eyes as Jamie approached me with a cocky grin. She turned to look at Derrick’s back who’s storming his way on the dance floor.  I frowned when I saw him slow dancing with one of the freshmen.  Then I saw Spiky. He was the emo kid in school, in famed for his three attempts of suicide with which all failed.

“He said I am.” My head was already throbbing with the loud music from the speaker, not to mention the disco ball that made my eyes ached. I saw her raised her eyebrow in an interesting manner. It was called a Cool off Party because of our one-week semestral break. But no matter the vacation, nobody is allowed to leave the campus until summer. Actually, Grenville High is one of those sought after colleges. It has all the amenities you could ask for where dormitories, laboratories, libraries and FM stations were equipped inside.

“Crack it Bree.”

I sighed. “He wanted us to do it all the way.” I played with the rim of my wine glass. I glared at her when she laughed aloud. This was ridiculous.

“Why don’t you?”

I breathed a thin air of exasperation. I’m fed up with people pushing me around. And I’m sick of peer pressure. “I’m only seventeen.” As if that explains it all. I looked around me trying to justify my words. But all I could see were folks my age drinking, dancing and groping in the dark.