A NEW START

Fazbear Entertainment. A magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, as they always said. Known for their restaurants featuring animatronic characters that found their way into the hearts of children all across Utah, greasy pizza which was closer to that of cardboard than your local pizzeria. Though, perhaps most notably, their infamously shady history that they seemed hellbent in covering up.

You couldn't say you cared about that. No- the reason that you were interested in their latest and most flashy establishment, Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex, was because you were a poor college student who was desperate for a job and they happened to be hiring. It was better than any of the other options you could find. With an hourly salary of $14.25, which was far better than working for minimum wage, and you got to choose your own hours, which happened to work perfectly for your busy college schedule. It almost seemed like a blessing, especially since you didn't exactly fancy having to work in fast food or retail to make ends meet. And sure, it wasn't as glamorous as you would have hoped, being a janitorial position and all that, but you couldn't complain.

Turns out, the Pizzaplex was much bigger than you had been expecting. They wanted you to come in for a physical interview, and even though most businesses in your area were slowly making the transition to digital interviews, you didn't mind. It would give you a chance to scope the building out, anyways. So, there you stood. The front doors to the Mega Pizzaplex. It seemed to stretch on and on- rising up to an estimated four floors and stretching far beyond what you ever imagined. Even trying to find a parking spot here felt like an absurd task- like you were a rat stuck in a maze trying to find the end. All that was behind you now, though, and all that was left was to enter. So, with a bated breath, you walked through the automatic doors plastered with cute stickers of the band and various slogans of the brand.

The place was a nightmare the second you walked in. Everything was just... loud. Busy, noisy, and a mess of neon lights. On a normal day, you'd say that you appreciate the aesthetics, but today wasn't exactly your day. Maybe it was the stress from expecting an interview, or maybe the crowds. All you knew is that the entire building sent your brain into a frenzy as it tried to comprehend the blur of shapes and colors and the loud blaring music and general chatter of conversation. You found yourself fighting against lines that seemed to stretch on for miles, moving towards the corner near the doors. Congratulations! You forgot just about everything necessary for this interview, including the instructions on what to do when you first entered the building. As you frantically scrolled through your phone, desperate to find the directions and information on what to do, you had to assume that you looked just pathetic enough for an employee to notice and approach you.

"Excuse me? Do you need any help?" He asked, still making his way towards you. Your eyes met his light blue ones as you glanced up to greet him. He had alabaster skin and long silky brown hair that reached down past his shoulders. He stared at you with a soft smile, awaiting your reply.

"Oh- Uh, yes, please," You managed to say. Man, you were not ready for this interview. You were totally going to blow this, weren't you? After all, if you couldn't even talk to a single employee, how could you even begin an interview for a job? Your eyes darted down to the black and white tiled floor as your whole face felt hot from embarrassment. "I believe I'm uh... here for an interview?"

"I see. Can I get your last name, and do you know who will be interviewing you today?" He responded. Yeah, that probably was important, huh?

"Oh! I believe it was... Cates? Jacqueline Cates? And uh.. it's [L/N]." You responded. It was Cates, right? God, you hoped so. You're sure you already made a complete fool of yourself, you really don't think you could handle getting your own interviewer's name wrong.