Chapter 3

Wow. I haven't updated in a WHILE. More like months. Silly Me. I doubt that anyone really cares anyways, so. XD But anywho, I'm gonna try to update more often from now on. And if you've read Chapter 1 & Chapter 2 of this story, I left off last time with Cassie about to get out of the Hospital. Enjoy.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'How is she going to stay with me? I don't even have a house of my own yet. How will Mom take this? How will her parents take this? And Bryan?' I thought about these questions for hours, as she slept. I promised her that she could stay with me after she got out of here. I wasn't even thinking. I was too blinded with love. I don't exactly understand all of this. She didn't even know me before, and now she wants to live with me? I'm so confused. This girl is too difficult to read. I love her though, so I'll do anything for her. So she will stay with me, I will make it happen.

I looked over at her to see her gentle eyes open. I saw a warm smile appear on her pale face. She looked so beautiful, even though she's stuck in a hospital bed. I rested my hand upon her forehead and rubbed it slightly. I leaned in and kissed her cheek, "Are you sure you're ready to go, love?", I said. Trying to get her to change her mind about leaving. She replied, "I think it's time for me to get out of here Ed. I want to be with you, I want to be with you outside of this room, forever." I smiled at her and gave her a reassuring kiss to let her know that I agreed.

"I love you, Cassie."

"And I love you, Ed."

I don't think I've ever been so happy in my entire existence. The girl of my dreams, actually loves me back. I've always thought this kind of thing only happens in the movies.

As I was basking in my happiness, the nurse came in. She had Cassie's belongings at her side, in a plastic bag. I felt my happiness come to a halt. I felt uneasy all over again.

"Are you both ready to go?", the nurse asked us in a firm tone.

I looked at Cassie as she nodded her head. "Yes Ma'am. I believe we are."

"Good. We can get a car to take you both to your destination, if you need it."

"Yes, Thank You. I'll have her up and ready to go in a moment."

"All right, just walk her to the door when you're ready to leave. The car will be waiting for you."

The nurse left. I felt a drop of sweat fall from my forehead. I grabbed Cassie's hand, and pulled the blankets off of her body. "Are you cold, dear?" She nodded. I slipped her shoes on and wrapped my jacket around her body. I opened the door and we began to walk out. We slowly walked down the silent deserted hall without saying a word. We were just walking, hand in hand, not making a sound.

We arrived at the door. We saw the car, and we walked towards it with caution. I helped her into the back seat and I slipped in beside her, still holding her hand tightly. I told the driver my address and we were on our way. I caressed her tender hand because I could see in her face that she was nervous. As we slowly pulled into the driveway, I looked at her. She seemed at ease. "It's not much, I'm sorry." I whispered to her in a concerning voice as we both gazed at the small white house. "What do you mean? It's perfect." She whispered back. Those words calmed my nerves.

I helped her out of the car and grabbed her possessions. As the car left, I helped her to the front door and unlocked it. I let her inside. She began to look around and familiarize herself with the surroundings.

"It's a bit messy, I must admit."

"Don't worry with the mess, Ed. I'm just happy I'm here with you. Since you're the only one who truly cares about me."