ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟘 - 𝕊𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕌𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕫𝕖

It has been weeks since then.

Shinichiro kept the promise he swore on that breezy yet solemn afternoon. Keeping them company as often as he could and continuously gaining more of their attention rather than them doing their usual routine of being locked up in their rooms, doing their own leisure. Shinichiro was trying to get accustomed to (Y/n)'s disguise, yet wasn't able to distinguish immediately who she was, but was able to recognize her due to the familiarity he had with her voice and her manner of speech. (Y/n) took note to herself that she could change her voice within her mask using a voice changer and her manner of speaking. Shinichiro and Haruko only said frantically that she didn't have to change her manner of speech. Saying that she sounded more sophisticated and intelligent. (Y/n) could only chuckle at them for being flustered and frantic over a small matter.

Shinichiro proposed that Haruko and (Y/n) will be introduced as officially part of their family on Christmas Day. (Y/n) could only frown, clearly displeased, but Haruko wanted to meet them in person as his eyes were twinkling, and you could see specks of sparkle in his eyes. 'Maybe (Y/n) is not that ready to meet them. It's been not that long since I reconciled with them.'  he thought carefully, stating to himself that he had made such a rash decision which obviously didn't make (Y/n) pleased.

"What should we do for the time being?" He placed his hand on his chin, deeply thinking of various of the activities they could undertake. "I absolutely thought of nothing," she sighed in exasperation, placing her head on a soft pillow that was placed on the couch. "We still have enough ingredients in the fridge, right Nee-chan?" Haruko asked with glee, thinking of an idea for what they should do for the day. (Y/n) only grumbled underneath the pillow, saying yes incoherently. For her, today was entirely tedious. She had already finished re-reading all the manga that was placed on the shelf. She wanted to go outside, but she was afraid they'd go bankrupt if they bought too much just to satisfy her boredom. She knew she would go all out and unconsciously spend most of her earned money.

Haruko could not think of an idea either, whether going to the bike shop or visiting his humble abode. Both aren't very nice options since there is a high chance of them stumbling on Shinichiro's siblings, who are apparently near their age. (Y/n) would be anxious all over again. Not every person would be sane enough to accept a serial killer like Shinichiro did, as everyone knew that they weren't capable of redemption unless moved by a certain person. Even with her disguise, there will be a chance that the truth will eventually unfold. Therefore, she wanted to prevent meeting as many people as possible.

Being with Shinichiro and Haruko is enough for her.

"I was thinking of trying a pastry I read about in the cookbook you gave me." Haruko said with contemplation, closing his eyes while his chin rested on both of his hands, with his elbows as his support. It perked (Y/n)'s attention; food could only solve such a tedious and demotivating day. Shinichiro only smiled in delight, perhaps looking forward to the said pastry the young boy had mentioned. He never tasted much of his food since he was always the one who cooked when he came by and visited, closing the shop on various occasions. He even made a specific time to close down his shop and inform his customers and also the alumni and fellow delinquents with whom he often hung out when he was mending his bike, no matter the weather outside.

With everyone's approval, Haruko proceeded to the kitchen to prepare the pastry he wanted to whip as (Y/n) and Shinichiro remained in the living room. "I'm never gonna be used to your new appearance (Y/n)" he spoke his thoughts out loud, sighing deeply while looking at the girl's albino locks being scattered on her posterior, letting the others fall down to reach the ground with her face still slumped on the pillow. "You should be accustomed to it since I'll be like this until Dazai-nii returns." she muffled under the pillow, coherent for him to hear every word. She spoke as if it was a demand for him to get used to her appearance. After all, she could have the freedom to wander around the city without being recognized. "After being finally free from their grasp, I will not  hand myself back to that dark pit of hell." she lifted herself to position herself, sitting down on the couch, embracing the pillow tightly in her arms.