Chapter 4

Green is a Bad Colour on You

A/N: Jesus, I'm so sorry I havent updated for nearly two months. there has been like no motivation at all and i lowkey want to drop this story but i'm so in love with corrine and how this story will go. I am also debating starting another fic. probably a twd one and some oc x oc stuff and lots of angst! Because yum who doesnt love that

   Mr. Dewey glared at the pair as he lectured them, "You two were talking throughout that woman's entire presentation. Let's talk about how we listen. I don't know what it's like at those fancy private schools Harry, but at Midtown High we actually pay attention to when others speak."

    Corrine couldn't believe it, once again Harry had gotten not only himself but her as well in trouble. But she honestly didn't mind as much as he thought she did.

"This is all your fault Osborn!" Corrine hissed at him, her voice a just above a whisper. This riled up Harry and the duo began bickering as they walked with their teacher, trying to whisper throughout the whole time.

   "Are you kidding me, how is this my fault?! If anything this was your doing," he whispered, adjusting the strap of his backpack on his shoulder.

   The friends walked in silence before coming to a stop, "You needs to lay off if Mary Jane."

   "Why, you jealous or something?" Harry's face split into a grin.

     "You are so full of yourself Osborn," she couldn't help but to smile as well.

    "That wasn't a no, Cori."
The girl laughed at his statement as she lightly elbowed his side

    "He just hasn't made a move, she's fair game as far as I'm concerned," He stated.

    "Except for the part where she's dating Flash," Corinne explained.

" Come on, who knows how much longer that will last. They seem to always be bickering."

     "True, Osborn, very true," She linked her arm with his and they continued walking.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~• After the field trip •~•~•~•~•~•~•~
     Corrine returned to an empty house again, the faint buzzing of the lights filled her thoughts as she shrugged her backpack off and kicked her shoes off. It had just been her and her dad since she turned 14, she didn't like thinking about that day or any day before that.
         She briefly glanced at the time on their microwave, 3:07, she had at-least 3 hours before her shift at Moondance Diner. There was a note stuck to the fridge in her fathers wobbly writing.
   "Hey kid, will be home later than expected so don't wait up. There's some leftovers in the fridge. Love you lots, your old man."  She smiled sadly at the note before taking it off of the fridge.

   She gradually climbed up the stairs, skipping the fourth step as it was broken and never fixed. It was from the time the boys and her were playing tag in the house, Peter ran down the stairs and stepped right through the wooden board. He swore something was trying to pull him through it and into the earth.

    When she reached her room she so desperately wanted to flop down on the bed, but grabbed the note from the fridge out of her pocket and reached for a box under her bed. It was filled with photos, notes, and birthday cards, all from her dad. She smoothed it out and placed it on top if the others.

    Corrine jumped on her bed with a sigh, before closing her eyes for a nap.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A/N: a somewhat shorter chapter! Dont forget to comment and vote (but you really dont have to). And constructive criticism is welcomed and other opinions on the book and whether I should make another book!