Chapter 36

Egan and I talked overnight.

It was a good thing for both of us. It was finally clear that what happened between us was no one's fault. Dahil wala rin namang may intention na mangyari lahat ng nangyari.

In the end, we came to a conclusion that we still love each other. That we will once again try...

Because we atleast deserve that...

We atleast deserve to be given a second chance..

"Thank you guys for your cooperation. Today's surgery is successful," I said as I stepped out of the surgery room to wash my hands and change into scrubs.

I was too tired and sleepy for not being able to go home last night dahil sa aksidenteng nangyari.

I'm pretty sure hindi rin ako makakauwi ngayon. I have three patients in the ICU from the accident. Hindi pa ako pwedeng umalis.

So in order to gain some energy, I took a short power nap on my desk and a few minutes later, nagising na rin agad ako. I went to the hospital café to get myself a cup of coffee. Medyo inaantok pa rin kasi ako pero kailangan ko na talagang magising.

Bumalik din ako sa station dahil may kailangan akong basahin na medical case.

To my surprise, Egan was sitting at the sofa, holding a paper bag in his hand. He was wearing a black polo matched with black pair of pants.

I almost spilled my coffee when he looked at me.

"Hey. How are you?" He asked and stood up.

"Egan.. why are you here?" Tanong ko rin.

"I came to bring you food. You haven't eaten, right?"

Right. He knows that I haven't eaten yet dahil inuupdate ko siya lagi ng mga kinakain ko. Recently kasi, he would always message me and ask for a food pic.

Kaya lang kanina, I wasn't able to send anything because I was in surgery. Still, I didn't expect him to be this fast and immediately come here with food.

Egan offered to court me the last time we talked about us. At first, I disagreed because I didn't want him to wait any longer. But he also really proved a point. According to him, if he courts me first, we'd be able to see if we're still compatible and we'd be able to know what we're getting ourselves into. Kaya I let myself be defeated.

"No, I haven't. I just came out of surgery.."

"I figured."

"Don't you have work as well?" Nangingiting tanong ko at naglakad papunta sa table ko.

He sat infront of my desk and placed the food there. "Lunch break."

"And you came all the way to the hospital to have your lunch?"

"Yes. So I could eat with you."

Mahina akong tumawa. "Okay then. What did you buy for me today?"

Instead of answering, nilabas niya lang 'yung pagkain at binigay sa'kin 'yung isang box. He also gave me bottled water and a sandwich.

"Adobo!" I exclaimed when I opened it.

"May microwave ka ba dito?" He suddenly asked which made me frown.

"Wala 'e.. why?"

Nasira 'yung microwave namin dito last week at hindi pa napapalitan kasi lahat kami busy.

"Parang lumamig na 'yung pagkain."

"You don't eat cold food?"

Umiling siya. "It's not that. I'm just worried you wouldn't like it since it's not warm anymore."