Chapter 12

"Yeah sure..." I replied with a low voice.

Get a hold of yourself, Isabella. You don't like Egan. Not even close. You're just surprised because he's showing a side you didn't know he had. You're just surprised and that's that.

Huminga akong malalim at muling tiningnan si Egan at ngumiti. "Come!"

Egan helped me repack our things. 'Yung iba tinapon na namin sa malapit na trashcan bago kami bumalik sa kotse niya. He only drove for two minutes before we arrived at the studio.

"Mom!" I exclaimed when I opened the door.

"Bella! And oh, is this Egan?" Nakangiti ring salubong niya.

Naabutan namin si Mommy na nagliligpit ng mga brushes. She has help but they're probably on the second floor.

"Yes. Hello ma'am," si Egan at agarang lumapit kay Mommy para mag-mano.

"Hi hijo. Just call me Tita Lily or tita.."

"Okay po tita," Egan said and glanced at me.

"We're going to stay here for a while. Pwede pa ba kaming mag-paint?" I asked and sat on one of the chairs.

She nodded. "Sure. I'll just get you two canvases. Wait for me here," aniya at nawala na.

Egan slowly walked beside me and sat on the other chair.

"My mom loves to paint," I shared, smiling.

"I can see that."

"Do you paint?" Tanong ko at tumingin sa'kanya.

"A little."

"Have you?"

He only nodded. I decided to check my phone first. It was already 9pm and it seemed like time was passing by fast.

I shared a picture of the moon and the beachside on my IG and FB story. I wanted to ask Egan kung okay lang ba sa'kanyang i-post ko 'yung picture namin pero dumating na si Mommy at sumingit. I decided to play another song na favorite ko, My Jinji by Sunset Rollercoaster.

"Here you go! I also brought one for myself. Yes... I will join. But I can not join if you guys don't want me to," she said.

"Oh mom I'm fine with it. And I'm sure Egan is too," I said because when I glanced at him, he was like telling me with his eyes to speak for him that it's fine.

"Okay. That's great," Mommy smiled and sat on Egan's other side. I saw him fix his seat.

"Here, get this," si Mommy at binigay sa'min 'yung mga kailangan namin.

"So... today's your birthday, right?" She asked Egan with a soft smile.

Egan nodded. "Yes tita."

I started to paint as I listened to them talk. Hindi muna ako sumali para makilala nila ang isa't isa.

My mom knows all my friends. Especially sila Vince. She's very close to them kaya nga minsan binibiro pa ako nila Vince na magpapa-ampon na raw sila kay Mommy.

"I'm sorry if I may be a little nosy but I just want to make sure that Bella's in good hands. You do understand me, right?" She carefully said to Egan after asking him a few questions.

"Yes tita."

"Hmm.. so how come I never met you when you just live infront of our house?"

"I don't go out much po."

She nodded and continued to paint. When I peaked at her canvas, napailing nalang ako. She's too good. Wala pa nga masyadong image pero namangha na agad ako sa technique ng pagsisimula niya.