SS: Progression of new phases (Part-2)

Staying in London, Bondita never left behind her culture. However, it was just these kind of small occurrence sometimes, like the one that happened in the during Sandhya Aarti. Even she wasn't aware that staying in London will make her lose touch with all such things. Her kaka sasurji always feared that his bahu living in abroad for so long may make her a complete foreigner or in his words, she may become a gori mem. Although back in London she wore those light chiffon saree in English style, but when she returned, his fear reduced as he saw her dressed up in the same way she used to. The same zameendaarni look cladding in heavy banarsi saree draped in a traditional way.

She assured him that although her mindset is a progressed one, but by heart she's still Indian. She wasn't a person who will change her identity by visiting another country. Anirudh was proud of her hearing this and appreciated for the same. Shaabaash Bondita! This was something she was craving to hear from him directly all these years.

Her feelings towards her Pati Babu had gradually started changing. Unknowingly, her admiration has turned into love. She always talks about her Pati Babu with her friends. Not a single day has gone when she hasn't chanted his name. Why won't she? He was her Bhagwaan afterall who always cares about her betterment.

Anirudh was in her, or he could wish to say their room, where he was using the typewriter as the one kept in the study had some issues, while Bondita came out of the washroom in her baby pink night saree, and moved towards the mirror. She was still in a grumpy mood as she saw Anirudh laughing at her in the evening. Since then, she had her cheeks puffed and ignored him when he tried to talk to her.

Seeing him here at this hour did surprise her but quickly understood that he must be having some important work.

"Bondita wo file pass kar dona please." He said without looking at her as his fingers were still busy typing. Bondita frowned and ignoring his request she continued brushing her hair. "Bondita please jaldi karo." He requested again. This time she failed to ignore his request assuming that the work must be really important. Afterall her anger was towards him. Not his work.

She went near the table saw 2 files lying there. Creasing her eyebrows, she held both the files in each hand anf asked "konsi chahiye inme se." He looked up for a moment "Ha wahi jo baye haath mein hai." Saying this he continued typing the concluding statement. When he didn't get any response of action, he looked up at her who was confusingly looking at both the files. "Arrey do na jaldi."

She came to him and slammed both the files on the table with a force which showed that she was still angry with him and again went towards the mirror. He looked at her confusingly then realized her trouble. Even in childhood when he taught her table etiquette and how to eat with fork and knife, she use to do the same mistake.

"Bondita, fork ko baay haath mein aur knife ko daay haath mein." He instructed

"Waise hi toh pakda hai." She replied still being confused.

"Bondita... tumhara daaya haath konsa hai." He asked teasingly

She embarrassingly grinned and said all of a sudden "Wo dekhiye waha!" Pointing at the back corner.

When he realized she only did that to distract him, she had already interchanged both the cutleries holding them properly.

Letting out a chuckle at her cute antics, he himself took the required file and arranged the papers. Seems like she has now gotten used to with the "left-right" terms rather than "daay-baay".

Removing his spectacles, he looked up at her who looked mesmerizing even devoid of any makeup, her long hair cascaded down upto her waist, her glowing dusky complexion had a subtle tint of redness. She was applying some moisturizing cream on her arms.