You Never Said Goodbye... Prologue

Dedicated to @TheFreakWrites Thanks for writing the description for me. Because I suck at that >.<

|| Kellin ||

How did we go from being best friends to nothing but strangers? You don't even say hello. Was it that easy for you to forget our friendship? Maybe you simply never cared. When I see you in the hallways I want so badly to run up and hug you. I want us to talk like we used to. Maybe it's selfish of me to want our friendship back. Because maybe you were never truly happy being my friend. But maybe I want to be selfish. You weren't just my best friend, you were my only friend.

I have a new friend now. His name is Justin, Justin Hills. He says we're best friends and I tell him we are but I'm not so sure. We only really talk in one class. I don't think that's how best friends work. We greet each other with a hug like we used to. He reminds me of you sometimes.

Maybe that's why I'm distant towards him. Because I'm afraid, afraid that if I get too attached he'll end up leaving me with nothing but memories and a feeling of emptiness. Like you did. I know that sounds pathetic but well I guess I am pathetic.

I saw you today. You met my gaze and just when I was going to say hi you looked away and left. Guess I should've seen that coming. Do you even remember me? Do you ever relive the times we spent together? Because I do. You were my best friend and you told me I was yours.

I guess you lied.

You just stopped talking to me. No explanation, no fucking reason why. You made new friends so you didn't want me as your friend anymore. You just dropped me.

What happened to best friends forever? Best friends means forever, cunt!

I have to go now. My friends are calling me. Goodbye, Vic. I wish you had said goodbye... but you never did.