45

This morning, I didn't need Alfred to call me before I woke up to go for my training. I couldn't sleep throughout the night, all that flashed through my head was the position of Paisley on the lap of Alonso when I saw them last night.

With my heart still aching, I quickly went to brush and wash my face hence knotting my red tresses that is growing too long and might need trimming very soon, at the top of my head in a smooth ponytail, supporting it with a pink ribbon for reasons beyond me_maybe for positive mindset_from everything that is going hot and cold about my life.

Reaching downstairs, Alfred as typical was up and exercising. I mumbled a greeting at him which I noticed he didn't respond to and joined in. There was this stretched silence during our few preps which to an extent I enjoyed_ I wasn't yet in the mood to speak to anyone. Though it worried me that he seemed moody, unlike his flighty self.

Finally, we were done and were on our way to the arena when Alfred broke the silence. "Are you okay ?" he requested, and I'm like 'hmmm, ironical question'

"Yeah, why asking?" I arched my brow at him, uncorking my bottle of water to take a large gulp_my throat was dehydrated from the bodily exertions.

He shrugged, the ignition coming on. He focused ahead, giving me a clear vista of his side view. His often clean-shaven jaws were lined with early morning stubbles and his eyes looked tired, I could spot a large black bag under his eyelid as if like me he didn't sleep much last night, or maybe it's because he hasn't prepped himself as he does often. I could smell something was off with him, but I couldn't tell what.

"You slept early yesterday, I think. You didn't come down for dinner," he stated, 0gi00ving me a brief glance before settling forward.

I was transported back to what occurred yesterday evening that warranted me once more making Nadia lie about me not being strong enough to come down for dinner. I was hoping maybe Alonso would come to my room to check on me, what a stupid person I was for thinking that. He didn't care. What we did, didn't mean shit to him. He doesn't care how I feel. To him, it was one of his games which as foolish and weak as I am to his charm, had fallen. The more I think about it, the more I realize what an idiot I was.

"I came back late and tired and had to eat in," I told him, my fingers tightening on the water bottle loop as if it was the object of my exasperation.

He humphed and nodded, not prying further. What is wrong with him? This is unlike him. "Are you okay?" I had to ask.

He was nodding vigorously, "Yea, I am. Just work... has been really tight these few days. Mother thinks our enemies are planning something against us," I could detect the fragility of his voice.

"Why? I mean there have been no recent attacks has there?"

"No, but this is the way things have always been around here. We prepare for the inevitable." he turned at the intersection that leads to the arena. "My brother doesn't joke with the security of the Kingdom, and all the packs he rules over. I will give that to him. With the full moon approaching, we are always ready for eventualities." he concluded. This is the first time I am hearing him saying anything pleasant about Alonso_not that he says anything icky about him either, but it made me want to know more about their relationship and why they hate each other. Twins for that matter.

"Why are you two at loggerheads almost half of the time, what happened?"

He spared me a glance, his lips quirked to the side hinting at a smile. Then his eyes went to the road. "We are just two people with paralleled views of life..nothing much."

Just that? Yeah, for a fact I know Alonso is not really happy knowing his mother unabashedly supports his brother over him and there also lays the fact that they said Alfred is supposed to be the Alpha King, still, does that warrant that they hate each other for it? They are supposed to work hand in hand and in love if you ask me. Then again, Alonso doesn't look like he is willing to do that.