Signs of Spring

The sweet sent of honey and lavender was filled in the air during spring. You can hear the robins chirping and the bees humming. Relaxing, peaceful, a perfect day to be outdoors having breakfast with a loved one.
"Marylyn, look at this!" My lovely quirky fiancé Tom was feeding the fish in the pond we were eating by.
"Hehe! There are like-" I start counting the fish in the pond. And just like that without me realizing, I feel my body get cold and wet all of a sudden. "AH!" Tom! He pushed me in! I try to stand up in the shallow pond but end up slipping and falling back in the water.
"Eheheheheh!" He points and laughs teasing me.
"You're like a five year old!" I look at him seriously and he stares back the same way. I can't help but crack a smile. "Come here!" I laugh and try to run out of the pond to grab him.
"Ah no! You're wet!" He laughs and backs up.
"You deserve to get soaked in pond water!" I grabbed him and wiped my wet hands on his face.
"Uhg!" He struggles to make me stop, "Your hands smell fishy! And now it's on my face!"
"That's your own fault!" I laugh continuing. His nose scrunches and he finally grabs my hands and pulls them away from his face and far from my body so I can't reach him. He quickly kisses me randomly on my face. "Ha! Now you have a fish smelling face!"
"Tom it doesn't work like that!" He kisses my lips this time.
"It does in my book!" He laughs and I giggle along.

"Tooooooooommmmmm," I say in childish tone.
"Marylyyyyyyyyynnnnnn," he imitates me trying his hardest to sound like me.
I just smile and grab his one hand and pull him back to the tree where we were eating breakfast.
"Let's finish up eating our waffles before the bugs eat them," I hand the half eaten waffle to him.
"Well they are good waffles and who wouldn't want to eat them!" He grabs the plate and takes a piece putting it in his mouth. "It's literally the taste of spring,"
"Hehe, well they aren't thaaaaat good. But I gotta admit, I'm pretty proud of myself making these," I smile closing my eyes and scrunching my nose. I feel his soft lips against mine. "Blah!" I wipe the kiss of my mouth as a joke and Tom just laughs.
He then just stares at me and plays with one of my blonde curls. "I love you very much dear." He says compassionately.
"And I you" I smile and kiss him back.