V.

V.
When I woke up I felt like I was trapped in a small cage, I could hardly breathe and my whole body hurt, when I tried to stretch my legs out I couldn't. I didn't have claustrophobia but with little to no moving room new fears were unlocked.       
  I was trying my hardest not to panic but I could feel it washing over me like a tsunami. Music was blaring from somewhere I couldn't identify and my body was jolted up and I came crashing back down. Think Essence, kept repeating in my head. I had to figure out how to get out of wherever I was.
My head was on fire but I was happy I wasn't dead. I blinked my eyes a few times to try to get them adjusted to the darkness but when I did I wish I hadn't.
I covered my mouth and nose as best as I could and let out a gag, the other side of what I assumed to be the trunk of my car was being taken up by White girl and she was dead as fuck.
Fuuuuck, was the only think I could think of in that moment as a wave of dread crashed over me. I had to think of something else quick. I didn't know how long i'd been in the car or where I was going. I flip to my other side so I can move my arms better, I let out out a sigh of happiness because the dumb asses didn't take my watch. I frantically text Tatiana and Tyree, I also share my location and I pray to god that someone's on their way to me.
I start to get scared when I don't receive a reply but I calm myself down as much as I possibly can. I knew I shouldn't have done this stupid shit, I think. My mind was racing and I couldn't form a coherent thought besides i'm going to die. The music was too loud and White girl and I kept getting tossed around too much for me to come up with a plan to get out of this.
The car comes to a abrupt stop, we sit for a moment before the music and the car are cut off and I hear three doors slam close. Suddenly , the trunk is popped open and i'm blinded by sunlight .
"Daaaamn, you fucked her shit up" the man laughs, he's tall and lanky and wearing the same thing as his friends but his voice isn't familiar. Before I can make a move he's grabbing me by my braids and throwing me on hard gravel, i'm laying on my stomach beside my pink suit case and white girl's black duffel and both are both open. "Who you working with?" I don't respond as I weakly push myself up by my hands, he punches me right back down.
"I know he fucked your face up but I ain't see him touch your ears- who you work for?" I look at him from my spot on the ground but I don't respond. If I told him anything I was dead, if I didn't i'm dead so I might as well die with some dignity. "Fuck you", it comes out as a croak but I know he heard me because as soon as the words leave my mouth he's smacking the shit out me. The slap is followed by a swift kick to my stomach and i'm doubling over in pain. I lay there for a moment before trying to push myself back up, the taste of blood on my tongue. As i'm trying to rise to my feet he says, "Bitch , we will kill you out here. Who were you running for?" I stagger to my feet and spit in his face, the ski mask catches most of it but I can feel the disgust coming off him as he wipes the bloody spit from his lips.
He laughs as he pulls a pistol out of  of his waistband, "Oh,yeah bitch". He cocks the gun and points it at me and I shut my eyes tightly, the last thing I hear is a loud BANG from the gun as I crumple to the ground.
BANG
BANG
Two shots ring out behind the first and it causes me to open my eyes and take in the scene in front of me. Tyree, Dooda and a husky, bald man we're in a shootout with two men in ski masks. The third was laying in front of me with a gaping hole in his head, I spit on him again. It takes a lot but I'm able to crawl over to the rear of my car and that's where I stay until I no longer hear gunshots. "Essence!" Tyree calls out and I yell back to him, I hear the shift of gravel as he and the two other men run over to where i'm hidden.
Tyree helps me up and holds my bicep to keep me steady, his jaw is clenched and his brown eyes are dark and stormy. "What? I'm not bad anymore?" I say jokingly, it's so much tension in the air and the way they were looking at me had me ready to crawl back in the trunk.
"Didn't I tell you no devices?"he says and I hear the anger dripping off every word. Tyree takes my apple watch off my wrist and even though I know he's furious he's not rough, he throws it to the ground and while I try to protest he still lifts his foot up and brings it down hard.
Over and over again until it's glass and metal under his Timb. I go to say that the watch saved my life but i'm cut off by the bald man.
"Nigga, we gotta go", He's holding his bloody shoulder and he has a expression of pain on his face. I'm guessing he got shot in the crossfire. Tyree nods to them, grabs the duffle and suitcase and I follow behind him to his car. I see his friends speed off in the Camry.
It's a quiet ride back to his house but I don't mind it, I guess I fell asleep on the way because when I wake up we're idling in someone's driveway. There's three other cars parked haphazardly in the grass, they all have dark tint like Tyree's. A look of confusion goes over my face and I turn towards him.
"Tyree...where are we?" he doesn't respond as he cuts off the car. I start to get nervous again, why was he acting so weird? He looks at me, sighs then leans all the way back in the drivers seat. He covers his eyes with his hand in annoyance and let's out another long sigh, "I don't feel like talking to this nigga", I wait for him to continue. "This nigga told me this was going to happen and I didn't listen...". He trails off as I look in the back seat towards the drugs and the money then back to Tyree. "At least we still have the bags, we should be good right?", he uncovers his eyes and looks at me. His hand finds its way to my chin and his thumb rubs itself lazily against my cheek.
I don't know if I should stop him, he's very attractive and the touch is comforting but i'm not sure if i'm comfortable taking whatever friendship we have further. Even though i'm unsure I let gik continue and I find myself leaning into his touch.
"I hope you're right"