Chapter Two: Mystery

Typical night consisted of constant studying to eventually obtain the advance regrets diploma my parents craved from me. In all honesty, I had to try so hard every day in school when at the point it becomes so stressful I scream. But, in order to make myself happy I have to make my parents happy, correct?

I didn't know how to sacrifice the thought of standing up to my parents, telling them something they didn't thrive to here; and that thought is that I didn't want to be the perfect daughter, I wanted to do something exciting, and not have the thought of ropes tied around my ankles keeping me from doing the things that drove me wild.

School doubted me, if I flunked one thing it was like the world ended completely. My parents going mad, my brother flipping out on me like I just committed a crime but it doesn't bother me because I know I'm not the smartest, most ripe apple in the tree; I'm the complete opposite.

I guess I'm going mad

*

"School is your main priority, you hear me?" My father told me over the dinner table as we ate our Sunday dinner. "But dad!

"Don't 'but dad' me. You're going to college whether you like it or not!" His final words were cruel to my ears, the noise piercing through as he silenced the whole table consisting of him and me; as well as my mother and Klein. My older brother new I was upset by just the look of my expression, very dull and very hasty; but he didn't bother to do anything.

The whole dinner consisted on only chewing our dinner food and none of us exchanging casual conversation since I ruined the whole night as my father would normally tell me. I knew he loved me, he just wanted me to be good at school and to go far in life unlike he did; he didn't want me to be a screw up.

Dinner went by slowly, due to the fact it was silent and once it was done I went up to my bedroom like usual and planted on my bed looking up to the ceiling where my fan was on, spinning in circles to keep the room cooler than the warmth from the outside. I took my phone out and texted my friend, Georgia and told her to stop up for the night and she can get ready here in the morning for school.

*

Once she stopped up, we talked about our problems like normal, and the topic of that mysterious boy in my class came up.

"So, how is he; is he quiet?" G questioned me as she sat on the fluffy carpet on my ground; I looked down at her.

"He's kind of quiet, and he's from England,"

"I figured that because of his accent," she says while giggling right after; after all she's right since it is common sense.

We talked a while longer until our chats lasted to snores. Once we were both sleeping on the duvet covers spread across my bed, I felt at ease again, which I always do when I'm dreaming of a happier place rather than this house hold.

Lately, my family hasn't been the same. And I always thought it was my fault since my name is brought up into everything. 'Alex this, Alex that,' it's just a constant rewinding nightmare. 

*

"Wake up dear, Alex, wake up." My mother hummed in my ear to wake both Georgia and I. I rolled on my side swatting her away to shoo off.

"No," I mumbled as she protested and pulled a piece of hair out of my head, which she knows I absolutely despise when someone does it. I immediately shot up from my bed and gave her my disgusted, tired look. Georgia shortly follows after, waking up a little bit after me. We proceeded to get ready, me dressing in a baggy sweater and leggings with combat boots. Georgia had a pair of jeans and a blouse.

"Klein!" I called him from across the house, hoping he would eventually wake up.

"Shut up you brat!" He groaned back at me. I stomped downstairs grabbing my mothers attention away from the television.

"Mom, Klein is being an ass!"

"Alex!" She hollered at the curse word. Georgia was still upstairs waiting patiently as I tried to fetch a ride from someone.

"I guess we're walking," I told Georgia as she moaned of frustration an we both grabbed out bags and headed out the door. The wind was treacherous, and as I heard the slight sound of thunder, G and I both started to panic knowing right after thunder is always lightning and eventually rain.

The drizzling rain poured down eventually, soaking us and we started to whine and complain knowing we were already soaked and school is another mile away. The sound of a car engine was in the distance, then the sound became louder. I looked behind and saw an older red car pulling to the side of the road with the wind shield wipers going rapid.

"Should we check?" Georgia questions as I nodded my head no. "Why not?"

"That could be some creep!" I told her, wiping the soaked hair out of my face. The car honked and I saw Georgia made her way over to the car, about to open up the door. Once she opened it up, I groaned and hopped into the back seat and saw Zayn sitting in the driver seat.

"Oh, hi." I greeted him as he smiled.

"So, am I still a creep?" He questioned with his heavy accent behind a small chuckle.

"I guess not," I told him as he began to drive off to school. I watched him in his rear view mirror, having a glance at the light hazel eyes that were dull from the weather. His eyelashes were gently caressing his eyelids perfectly. I started a while longer until he checked the mirror and caught my eye. I looked down immediately with a slight blush creeping onto my cheeks. I heard him chuckle as he turned up the radio and one of my favorite bands was playing, the Foo Fighters. My eyes shot up from excitement as the music played I swayed to the song.

"You like them?" Zayn asked, looking into the rear view mirror. I nodded my head yes as I saw the slightest smirk creep along his pink, full lips.

*

He's so mysterious. And I like it.  

It's something... New.