baker boy || 1

*14 years old*
"princess," my servant, andy, bowed.

"andy," i give a small smile, bowing back.

"your father has sent me to escort you into the village to go get some bread and other essentials," he said, going down a list.

"dont you usually do all of that?" i asked, confused.

"yes, but my helper who would usually help me pick things out is very ill, so your mother suggested you to put on your village clothes and come out with me, just to get out of the castle for a little bit!" he laughed, grabbing his bag and his list of things needed.

my eyes lit up instantly, i clapped excitedly and hurried to get my village clothes on.

once we were in the village, i went along with andy, getting everything needed for the castle.

"i have to run an errand across town, there will be guards with you at all times, i just need you to go by the bakery and grab a few loaves of bread, heres an extra coin to get you a pound cake, on me!" andy gave me a thumbs up, getting on his horse and trotting away.

i walk down to our village bakery, owned by the Hoods. i only remember that because when we were little mother always took me and my brother out for a pound cake, and she always addressed the bakers as mr. and mrs. hood.

i open the door, the tiny bell making a ding noise.

"princess," mr. and mrs. hood bowed, giving me a big smile. i return the smile.

"we were informed of you comin-" mrs. hood's sentence was cut off when their son, who looked about my age came through the doors from the back of the bakery, covered in flour.

"mom, something went wrong with the- woah," he stopped mid sentence, causing me to giggle.

"calum, i told you the princess was coming and to be ready with those fresh loaves."

"yes mother, i know, but i dropped a bag of flower and it went all over the place, everything in the kitchen is white!" he threw his hands up in the air, huffing after that.

"calum, that is no way to act in front of the princess," his mother warned, gesturing to me.

"no, its okay! i would have acted the same way if that were me," i gigggled, bending down to grab what seems to be a necklace covered in tons of flour.

"oh, princess, you shouldnt bend down to pick that up, let me!" calum nervously exclaimed, trying to bend down before me to grab it, but i got it before him.

"please, call me jessabelle, jessa for short." i smiled, handing calum his necklace.

"t-thank you princess jessabelle." he stuttered, running to grab two fresh loaves of bread.

"here are your loaves, your majesty," calum handed me the two loaves which were wrapped in a special paper and put in a bag.

"is that all for you today, princess?" he asked, fiddling with his apron.

"no, actually, i am here because i heard your pound cakes are amazing! who makes them?" i asked, smiling brightly.

"i-i do, your majesty," calum stuttered, going into the kitchen and grabbing a fresh, warm pound cake.

"i will have to find a way to sneak down here to get some more of this wonderful pound cake! and please, call me jessabelle," i smiled, giving him the coins for the loaves and pound cake, him giving me back my change.

"keep it, baker boy," i laughed, handing him the extra change.

"thank you!" i smile and wave goodbye.

this is not the last i will be seeing of this baker boy.