On The Table

Kenopsiadraws has been leaving so many lovely comments on my work over on AO3 and seemed especially taken with the descriptions of The Chain's wardrobe, so this chapter is dedicated to them and filled with much such descriptive fluffs. :) Thank you for all the wonderful feedback and keep being your awesome self. Thank you for being my Numero Uno fan!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is that....blood?" Winona asked, eyeing the air hockey table, and looking a little perturbed as she made her way into the rec room. Today the woman was wearing a grey oversized frayed sweater that looked like it had been shredded by something with huge claws over black leggings and punky destroyer boots.

"Huh?...Oh. yeah." Said Legend without looking up from his cards. "There was....an incident. But it's ok now.

"Uhuh.." said Winona, non-plussed, as she stepped down into the sunken den next to the fireplace in the far side of the rec room and sat beside the pink-haired man on the rich leather couch. The group was all focusing hard on their game. Apparently while unsupervised, Danielle had decided to teach the Chain 'Texas Hold 'Em' (using the colorful paper monies from a monopoly game that currently sat unused at the end of the table at their currency.) and they were now lost to the world, each man fixated on their own hand. Dani grinned up at Winona and winked. She was destroying them.

Legend glanced at her as she made herself comfortable and did a double-take. "Are you alright?" he asked earnestly, briefly lowering his cards before catching himself. Wind took full advantage of his momentary lapse and made a not-even-remotely-subtle lean to look at his neighbor's hand earning a dirty look from Legend. 'Hey! I saw that. You little pirate cheat!"

Wind only shrugged and stuck out his tongue. The boy was wearing a bright turquoise tee-shirt emblazoned with pineapples, a pair of distressed baggy jeans, and Canary-yellow vans sneakers. Even though they were in the house, he had opted for a pair of heart-shaped baby-blue-tinted sunglasses and was rocking them with a swagger that would have even the illustrious Sir Elton John tip his hat in respect. He looked very much in his element.

Winona smiled at Legend's seemingly unwarranted concern for her. "What? Yeah. Why?"

Legend pinched at the hem of her sleeve and gave her a meaningful look causing her to snort laughter.

"Oh.. haha. Yeaaah. Its...just a 'look' ok? Like...I dunno, I just Like this sweater. I've had it forever" She giggled and wrinkled her nose at him.

Legend raised an eyebrow at this "You...look like that...on purpose?"

"Nothing happened to me, I Swear..."

"Okaaay...." He said slowly, seeming to weigh his next words in his mind. "If you really like it, I Could patch it up for you?"

Winona raised her eyebrows at this but continued to smile. She ruffled his fringe. "Yeahhhhhno. Don't you dare..."

Dani gave the woman a knowing glance over her cards and shook her head with a smirk.

Time chuckled from across the low coffee table. He looked casual and comfortable today in a burgundy-colored V-neck tee over a simple pair of relaxed jeans. The shirt was a bit snug, but it only accentuated his Goddess-given 'virtues'. He was quite tickled by the appreciative glances from the women in the house. He decided he would keep these items when they left this world and see what Malon thought of his new 'look' when he got home...

Sky who sat beside him had opted for a very casual 'beach' look of a white tissue-light hooded jumper over some airy sky blue board shorts and sandals. He still had his beloved sailcloth with him, but today he wore it as a sarong over his shorts and it actually looked quite nice. Natural even...