ERROR: We interupt the Samir fluff for Ayesha x Loki. Yay, Ayesha!

17 years before The Sword of Summer

"There's a new patient in the ER," a nurse said, handing her a clipboards

Ayesha al-Abbas nodded. "Thank you. I'll go there immediately."

She walked down the hallway to the Emergency Room. When she opened the door, she saw a man her age rolled on his side in the hospital bed, clutching his stomach. His face was twisted in pain and he seemed in agony.

"Hello," Ayesha said, "I'm Dr. al-Abbas, and I'm going to help you." She check the clipboard to see a single name: Loki.

"Yeah, whatever," Loki said, sounding as if he could barely get the words out. "Just help me!"

"God, what happened to you?" Ayesha asked, rushing to his side.

"Trapped—between—" Loki replied and groaned.

Ayesha's lips tightened in anger and she held her hand up to Loki's forehead to check.

Normal temperature.

"On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?"

"Ten," he choked out.

"What hurts?"

"Everything,"

Ayesha grabbed a sedative from the corner of the room and held it to his lips.

"It's going to be okay," Ayesha soothed him. Then she tipped the drink down his throat.

One week later, Loki seemed to be the feeling better. He got moved to a normal hospital room, and Ayesha checked on him everyday, being kind to him. Eventually, she even started considering him a friend.

She walked into the room, and Loki turned to her. "Hello," he said

"Hey," she replied, "How are you feeling?"

"Better, now that your here," Loki said. Ayesha rolled her eyes. He was always saying stuff like this.

"Any pain? Headache, chest pain, anything like that?" As a doctor, she had to check everything.

As a friend, he had to make sure he was feeling okay.

"My lungs kind of feel heavy," Loki said, "I can breathe, they just feel like I've been underwater for a long time."

"Have you taken you medicine?"

"Yeah, I took it an hour ago." He answered

"Then it's just a side effect. You'll be fine."

Ayesha took her stethoscope and felt Loki's chest. Normal heart rate. "Breathe in, breathe out." she instructed him. "Turn around, I have to check your your heart from your back too."

"No way," Loki said, "You just want to keep staying near me."

Ayesha's cheeks grew warm. "I'm serious. Turn around." He did, after flashing the most annoying smile at her.

That she kind of wanted to see again.

After she checked his heart, which seemed to be healthy, she checked his blood pressure. These were all things the nurse did, but she still liked repeating them.

"Do you want to know what I did to get hurt so badly?" Loki asked her.

"Please, humor me."

"Guess what? I'm not going to tell you," he laughed, and Ayesha scowled. "You have to earn it."

"I'm healing you and probably saving your life, judging by how much pain you were in. I think I earned it."

"No, you have to earn it earn it." Loki said, "One way to do that is by going on a date with me when I feel better."

Did he just ask her out? Why did she want to say yes?

"I would never, ever go on a date with you." Ayesha said, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

Loki flashed her another cocky smile. "I don't know," he said gleefully, "I can be very convincing when I want to be."

YES, the chapter title was inspired by the Aru Shah chapter title.

YES, I have never been to the ER and just assumed what happened in there

Thank you. Okay bye.