When Depression Sets In (Chapter 4)

Chapter 4

~When Depression Sets In~

'Nathan's POV'

I shifted the phone on my ear and leaned back on my bed. "Mate, I am so fucking worried about her." David said through the phone. "She's not eating or sleeping. I don't know what to do. I've tried everything."

I bit my lip in concern, "What does your mom say?"

"She's no help. She's a wreck herself."

"How are you holding up?" I asked worriedly, they couldn't all fall apart.

He sighed, "I'm struggling, but I'm trying my best to keep it together for them. It's only been a week, not mention we haven't even had the funeral yet."

I closed my eyes for a moment before replying, "Bring her here." I said in a quick breath.

"Who? Anne?" David asked.

"Yeah, I can take care of her and you can take care of your mom. She still has most of her stuff here anyways." I said glancing around my room. There is a lot of her stuff in here that I hadn't picked up or moved because I've been trying to stay positive and think that she is coming back.

"All right, but you should come get her. She hasn't left her room all week. She won't even speak."

He os really starting to freak me out. "Okay, I'm coming right now." I said hopping off the bed and slipping my shoes on.

"Thanks." He said before I hung up. I slipped my phone into my back pocket, grabbed my keys, and rushed downstairs.

"Where are you off to?" Katina asked pulling herself up from a chair in the kitchen.

I glanced at her as I put my jacket on, "Oh, I didn't realize that you were still here. I have to go take care of Anne. I'll see you soon. It'll probably be best if you aren't here when I come home..."

She crossed her arms over her belly, "Why not?"

I sighed, "I'm bringing Anne home with me, so please just go home, I'll do whatever you need later. She's having a really tough time with her father's death. I need to be there for her right now."

She pursed her lips, but nodded, "Okay, I'll call you later."

I opened the door, "Sounds good, I'll see you."

As I shut the door behind me I blew out a breath, I thought it would be more difficult than that. Thankfully she was going home though. I needed to focus completely on Anne. She is way more important than Katina. She's way more important than anyone.

********************************

I walked into Anne's room and my heart broke as my eyes fell upon her figure curled up in one corner of her queen-sized bed. She didn't even lift her head when I walked in. I shut the door behind me and went over to her. She was staring off into the distance, blinking every few moments.

"Hey sweetheart." I said sitting on the corner of her bed and bringing my head down to her level.

Her eyes flickered to me but she didn't say anything. I passed my hand over her matted black hair and took her hand in mine. "How are you doing?" I asked gently. Again, no response.

"Are you dressed under there? Cause I'm taking you back to my flat and you're going to stay there for a while." I said lifting the blanket off of her.

She's wearing her short, black spandex, a white tank top, and black ankle socks. I have no idea how she isn't freezing cold. I touch her thigh and pulled my hand away quickly, "Babe, your legs are super cold." I exclaimed. Again, she didn't even move. David was right to be worried, this is not good at all.