Chapter 7

April was stunned. For so long, she had recalled that story remembering it, and repeated it to herself. But she never knew the full story, the turtles growing up with Splinter and being trained as ninjas. And for Hamato Yoshi and Shen, they were dead, leaving the four girls alive to defend themselves. She forgot about them when she grew up, and now she found them all those years. "I was just a little girl," April told him.

"And you gave us freedom where others would have kept us in cages," Splinter responded.

Shira thought it was a lie. They were never mutated, not like that, they were dead. But still, she was still falling in love with a boy who's features she can't see. "Wait a minute, Dad. All these years, you told us we were rescued from the fire by a great guardian spirit, the Hogo-sha," said Leo.

"That's right," said Splinter. "And this is the Hogo-sha."

Raph was also stunned. He couldn't believe that this puny girl had saved him. Leo's elbow nudged him in the ribs, making him flinch. The four brothers bowed their heads and whispered thanks, much to the girls' amazement.

"Why did you bring us here?" asked April.

"To find out who you told of our existence," said Splinter.

"It was a long story," Tomoka explained. "Shirahara was the first that met your brothers and told April that you guys were alive. You were actually her childhood pets."

"Nobody believed me," April said, before she turned to the Hamato girls and lowered her head. "Except for my best friend Shira, her sisters, and Eric Sacks."

Splinter gasped, "Sacks. Just as I feared. Sacks is not a friend. His soul has been poisoned by the influence of a dark master, the Shredder."

"Shredder?" Reika questioned. 

"He's a powerful warrior who is leader of the Foot Clan. Shredder practically raised Sacks in Japan. He's like a father to him." That completely shocks everyone. If Sacks is not a friend then, that means he is working with the Foot Clan under their noses. "Sacks will do anything for his master."

"Wait, wait. Sacks and Shredder? So, why aren't we out there hunting them down?" Raph growled in his throat.

"Because, Raphael, the Shredder is a skilled warrior whose cruelty is ever-reaching, and you are just teenagers. The mutagen in your blood and your souls is a great value to them. Now that Sacks has confirmation that you are alive, I fear they will bring the fight to us."

For a moment, April removed the card from her pocket and realized what had happened when she visited Sacks. That card has a tracker on it and now the Foot Clan are finding them. Her eyes widdened with horror.

"Oh, no..."

"April?" Reika questioned, staring her. "What's wrong?"

"I made a big mistake."

All of a sudden, an alarm blared. An explosion shook the walls of the lair, making the girls gasp and cling to each other.

"What's going on?" Reika tried to say, standing up to her feet.

"Oh, no! Oh, no!" squeak Donnie, as he headed over to the monitors. "We got two breaches. Fan room, weapons wall!"

"Mikey, flank right! Donnie, on me!" Leo ordered his brothers. "We gotta go!"

But then, Splinter noticed that the breaches were in front of them. "No! Get back!"

A massive explosion rocked the rooms. The force knocked Raph into the sewer tunnels. April was buried in rubble while the sisters got blown back. Groaning, April got out of the rubble as the rest of the girls climbed up to their knees, coughing. The reminding three turtles crawled out of their debris, a thick cloud of dust hung in the air. They got back up, grabbing their weapons and set out to find Splinter.