Chapter 15 (Sad Ending)

Shira rubbed the last remains of her tears off her face before she looked at the turtle's corpses. Her eye is completely red from crying a lot as she sniffled. They had let all their sadness right out of their emotions they had held. This is goodbye, they all thought. Shira and the other girls kissed them softly before pulling away. It felt like hours. They can't leave the dead bodies alone to rot, they need to hide them so the Foot clan won't find them. There is one way to save their suffering. They should bury them by tomorrow and honor their last love for them. or they could commit suicide by-

No. They can't do that. It would be too fatal. But at least they get to say goodbye, one last time. Shira began to put the souls back on the ground, but it seemed like they were attached. The turtle tried to shake them off, but it stuck with her. No matter how hard she tries, she can't peel away the lifeless souls.

After a few minutes, she pried her fins out of the lifeless souls. It was a very painful goodbye, but she knew that Raph and her sisters had to move on without them. Manako and Tomoka rubbed their tears and sniffled, finally realizing that they were already too late to save their ones who had been drained of so much blood. Reika set down the glowing mutagen on the ground, not taking her eyes off of April, who was ashamed that she had led the Foot clan to them.

Shira was in Leo's bedroom, curled up into a ball. It's been two hours since Leonardo died. April had already left them, feeling so guilt ridden that she had failed to save her childhood pets and was never able to forgive herself. As Shira cried, Reika reminded her that it's time.

Along with her sisters, Raph and Splinter, they should at least honor them by paying their last respects to them. Reika created a flame with her hand and placed it on the three bodies to be incinerated. Their flesh, shell and bones have faded away and all that has taken off was their colored masks. The drained souls have been placed in an urn and dug them deep underground in the destroyed lair so the Foot Clan will never find them.

Tomoka placed a few candles on the plaques with the three turtle names on it. Reika began to light them up as Manako placed a few flowers on them.

The plaques began to read:

"Those who have died, have sacrificed to save their father and the ones who had loved."

Leonardo, Michelangelo and Donatello.

Above the city, police and ambulances raced to Times Square. Crowds of people gathered around the destruction. They pointed and gasped and posed their cameras in front of the wreckage. Gradually, the police were able to force the crowd back. Some of the crowd are very confused to know where all those Yokai came from.

Some of them are so amazed and most are so fascinated by them. In all the confusion, there was one pile of rubble that went unnoticed. It surrounded a very deep crater. At the bottom, there was a lot of shattered metal and broken canisters. No one notices the shiny cracked metal glove, the serrated fingers made a defiant fist.

A few days later, as the sun set over the Hudson River, the city that had come so close to destruction seemed to be back to normal. It was almost like the events of the last few days had never happened. But everyone knew they had happened and they knew everything wasn't back to normal.

The police searched for the two people who were behind this but there was no one here. The only thing they found was the decapitated body of Eric Sacks in the lab, but Shredder is still missing. Someone must have killed him as if some stranger broke into the tower and attacked. But they knew this vigilante was somewhere.