Chapter 12

The Sacks Tower was one of the tallest buildings in New York City, It's pointed iron spire extended high into the clouds. The building was a shining beacon of hope for the people of New York. But they had no idea of the danger brewing inside. Well, not at the least they suppose.

On the thirty-sixth floor was a state of the art laboratory. Sacks had spent years here conducting experiments, failing time and again. All those years of effort would pay off today. "We have just enough toxin to poison ten blocks of the City," Sacks said, holding the canister. "It's a start. Soon we'll have more." He pressed a button and activated a machine.

He slipped the canister of turtle blood into a chamber and went to work. "The first dose of antidote is almost ready, Master Shredder," he said, watching the swirling blood and chemicals turn into bubbling green mutagen.

"Excellent," Shredder said. "Today is a great day. For too long I have lived in the shadows. It is finally my time to take the power that is rightfully mine and punish those who have denied me and my honor." Shredder had the three souls the soldiers pull the turtles out and place them with canisters. They all look shriveled up due to the drainage of blood.

It's also time to make a load of money, Sacks thought. But he knows better than to say that out loud again. Shredder went to the spire to release the toxin.

The turtles, Reika, April and Vern pushed aside the manhole cover and climbed into the basement of Sacks Enterprises. The cold air made their skin crawl and their shells going cold. It was time to split up. "Alright, listen up," Leo told the three humans. "We gotta find the elevators and get up to the roof. You guys get out of here. Get to a safe distance."

"No, no, we can go find Sacks and get our hands on the mutagen as a contingency plan, just in case... You know," April said.

"Good idea," said Reika, feeling pleased.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," said Raph.

"If we don't make it back, bring the mutagen to Splinter. It can save his life," Leo promised. Reika slowly nodded her head before she went back to the rest of the two humans.

"Sacks's laboratory is on the 36th floor. I've already disabled the security system," Donnie said to the others. "Oh, and, uh... Good luck!" he added again to April.

Shira gave one last look to her sister and gave a smiling wink. Reika did a wink back at her sister. This is goodbye, she thought. "We'll get half of your blood back to you!" Reika called back to the others.

And so, the turtles left, leaving them behind. Reika knew she had to be stronger. She has too. The last thing she remembered was that she saw her sisters mutate into those sea turtles when they were knocked unconscious. Reika had tried to call they're names but there was now response until Shira woke up a minute later.

And she knew she would be the last human girl to mutate into them. Those mutant creatures she witnessed. Reika took out a dose of turtle blood given when she was a little girl. "Reika...I'm sorry..." April responded. Reika turned to April, her eyes saw the look on the young reporter. "I should have listened to you about Sacks and the Foot.."

Reika didn't even care for a bit. "For what? I knew that card had a tracker on it, but I know my sisters are out of whack but they're fine. They're sea turtles and being a mutant monster is amazing. I am going to get my revenge," said Reika, staring at the vial of turtle blood..

"What are you going to do?" April asked Reika.

"I have to be stronger to battle Shredder. I remember now. The mutagen was part of their blood. I only found the sample left. I promise I'll take care of your childhood pets."