Chapter 1

"MAYBEL WAKE THE UP, OR I'LL SMACK YOU WITH MY WAFFLE!" My little brother, Ty, yells in my ear.

"I'm up Ty, now go eat your waffle before the waffle monster will come!" I told him, while sighing. Today is the first day of school. And no, just because I'm a nerd doesn't mean I love school, I hate it, but I love the learning part. I've always tried to convince my mom to let me do online school, so don't have to deal with the backstabbing, perfect, bitches of my school, but she always says "you're already unsocial, why would I support that. If actually did stuff with other people, I might let you". The joys of high school. after I put on my flowery top, jeans, and white high-top chucks, I went went into my en suite brushed my teeth and all that fun stuff. I went down stairs to the delicious smell of waffles and syrup. I ate, I said goodbye to my mom, and I grabbed my keys, Ty, and Tia-Ty's twin sister- and went to my gray Jeep Wrangler. I know I sound all preppy and shit, but I had no say in the car, so keep your opinions to your self. *hair flip*
Anyways after I dropped them off their school I pulled up to Fairview Mount Highschool*. I got out and ran up to my best friend Emmanuel, who I call Noel, and I wrapped my arms around her in a somewhat aggressive manner. After I let her go we compared our schedules: AP CALCULUS, AP LANGUAGE, AP FRENCH, AP BIOLOGY, AP STATISTICS, AP US HISTORY, PE. Where I have PE, Noel has art.

"Noel, why did you get art and I had to have the devils class" I said while pouting.

"Honey, we both know that you had to be recommended to art, and you suck at art." She explained to me while laughing in a unattractive manor.

"But, Noel, I'm even worse at PE. And I do not suck at art, I just have a inability to draw like you." I had said while we were walking to AP CALC, which I know will be one of my favorite classes.

When we get into class, we have assign seats. My seat is in smack dab in the middle of the classroom. I have some kid with the name Ashton to my left, and a kid named Graham to my right. I personally had never heard of them, which in my case is a good thing. I'm just glad they aren't one of my bullies, and though I don't have many the ones I do have make up for it. Some kid that's somewhat attractive, with blonde hair that kinda sticks up, sits to my right, so it must be Graham. I want to talk to him but I'm worried he is like the rest but when he brings out his homework that he finish over the break I know he's like me, a nerd.

"Hi, I'm Maybel, you must be Graham, are you new here?" I said somewhat in a wispier, so I won't scare him.

"Yeah, I'm Graham, and I've gone here all my life. So, are you actually being nice to me just to be nice or are you doing it to get my homework?" He states in a harsh tone while not even looking over at me.

"No, I'm just being nice. I wouldn't trust you to do my homework, and to be completely honest I wouldn't want you, too." I state with a cocky attitude, but also not being completely rude. It's just that when you're number one, in the state, you start to be intellectually arrogant.

"Oh really, Maybel, why wouldn't you want my homework. I just as smart if not smarter than you." He says

"If your so much smarter than me, why aren't you number at this school, county, or state, Graham." I say while also flipping my hair.

"Woah, woah, woah. You're that Maybel! Oh my, I'm so sorry, I thought you were one of the popular mean girls! Please forgive me, I don't need anymore enemies..." he said in a pleading way while looking at me with those ice blue eyes that hold so much emotion of regret.

"It's fine, my mom buys all my clothes, she wants me to be such a girly girl that I'm not." I said while laughing a little, but also why I was telling him such personal things that I hadn't told anyone else other than Noel. It scary how I just trusted him after like 100 words.

After our conversation had come to a stop the tardy bell had wrung, and everyone was quietly sitting there for the teacher. A few moments later he came in, he was a younger man with dark hair and dark eyes. He said to call him Mr. Wood. Once he started teaching the door opened and slammed closed. I looked up from working my problems to see a tall guy, with caramel skin and dark swoopy hair. He said his name was Ashton, and that's when I realized he was going to sit right next to me. Oh yay! I get a bad boy to my left and a nerd to my right. Well this should be interesting. Since, he is a typical bad boy, he goes to the back of the room, and sits down. I just shrug and go back to do my problems. After a while I feel something hitting my head randomly. I turn around and see Ashton with a smirk on his face, asking to see my work. I just shake my head no and turn back around. The second I turn back around I hear a chair scraping the floor and I hear the chair to my left scrapping the floor.

"Hello, so I'm going to take your work and you're going to be okay with it, okay. I'm glad you agree," he says while leaning over to take my paper that I had moved as far right as I could. "Come on just give me the paper."

"No. You will get nowhere in life if you always copy, so just do it yourself." I say with a confident look, though my stomach is knots.

"I will this time, but hon you will regret this choice." he says while waking away with a triumphant smirk. While I was starting to hyperventilate and freak out inside, and also think what am I getting myself into.