𝐓𝐰𝐨.

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞".
__________________________

The two entered the apartment,then Dazai gestured (Y/N) to sit down on the futon,while he went to make the tea.

She sat down looking around, it was a nice but simple apartment, but then she quickly stopped her actions when she heard footsteps making their way to her.

Then the man sat down next to her on other futon placing the tea on the coffee table. He then suddenly broke
the silence.

"Look, (L/N)-san, I'm going to be direct about this.."he said with a serious grin.

(Y/N) worriedly looked to Dazai, not knowing what he's talking about.

"Would...a beautiful lady like you want to commit a double suicide with me?" he said with excitement and spark in his brown hues.

She then stared at him, unsure what to say, for the first time in her life.Then she finally decided to speak:"Dazai-kun, she said suddenly becoming more familiar to her neighbor, treating him like one of her patients: I can see you want to kill yourself so badly. Why is that?"

He then smiled and stared in a random spot of the room with softened eyes: "Do you really think there's any value in the act of living, dear (Y/N)-san? No evil is honorable, but death is honorable; therefore,death is not evil." he then ended with a soft smile, and closed eyes.

"But, you really don't deserve to die, Dazai-kun.Every life matters and is precious! I could help you get trough this!" she said with an angered tone in her voice, while bringing her clenched fists to her chest.

"But how could 𝒚𝒐𝒖 save me?" he said, almost whispered.

"I'm a psychologist, and I help people with their mental problems.So why can't I try to help?"

"Then,will you be the one who will escape me from this pity? Are you maybe an angel sent from Heaven?" he said with a face full of hope,his eyes gleaming, childishly.

"I guess so..."she then responded with a bright smile.

___________________________

In the morning, (Y/N)'s eye sight was disturbed by the sun that had just risen, and happened to wake her up.

Great, just before the alarm clock started to ring.

She slowly got up from her bed, and went to the kitchen to see Dazai sitting at her table.

"D-dazai-kun?! What are you doing here? And, most importantly, how did you get in?!" she loudly exclaimed, shook to find the man in HER house, ESPECIALLY in the morning.

"Ah, do not stress (Y/N)-san, but you have to be very clumsy and forgetful, because your door was unlocked!" he smiled mockingly, raising his eyebrows, his elbow resting on the table and his chin on his palm.

The girl then sat down at the table,too tired to continue the interrogation, while Dazai stood up and tried making some coffee.

She then dared to break the silence to excuse herself to go change in a more proper attire.

She ended up dressing in something simple, such as black pants, with an white turtle-neck shirt along with a long black coat and some black boots.

Afterwards, the two of them left (Y/N)'s apartment and headed to work.

"Say, Dazai-kun, I know this question may be weird, but what do you do for a living?" the girl asked.

"Well, nothing much, I work at the Armed Detective Agency. You know, the one next to the hospital you work at." he shrugged with his hands in his pockets.

"Nothing MUCH?!AND how do you know where I work-?" she exclaimed.

He looked at her with a playful grin.

"Do you have a gift?" her eyes now shining. "If yes, can I see it?"she changed the subject.

"Oh, yes I am indeed gifted, but I cannot show it to you yet." he explained, with a more serious grin. "But, are you gifted as well?" he asked curiously.

"Aha..about that, I am... I can summon a water beast.Altought I never really use it...so I don't really know much about my gift.."she said embarrassed.

"Dear, it's such a shame that you chose not to use it..but we'll figure it out. Anddd, I do have a proposal!" he said now childish, placing his hand on his chest.
"How about... you come work at the Armed Detective Agency with me!" He excitedly said.

"HAVE YOU GONE NUTS?! Do you realize what you just said?!" (Y/N) said taken aback.

"What's wrong with that? You have so much potential and you're wasting it on psychology?Okay, it's not THAT bad, but still!" he said with a bored tone.

"But I've wasted so much time on my studies, diploma and all-" she started to talk but Dazai interrupted her, while taking her wrist and brought her closer to him:

"Shush! You have an option of living a life where you continue to help people, but it is going to be more dangerous indeed. But there's more action as well!"he said the last part eagerly.

"So take your time my dear lady, I shall see you another time. Perhaps,even with an answer." he then smirked, let go of her wrist, waved and enetered the Agency's building.

(Y/N) then sat there a bit puzzled, walking away from the agency, processing what Dazai just had told her. She decided to think about it later, otherwise she would have been late for work.

_______________________________