𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫."
__________________________________

There was a dead silence. Their footsteps were the only sound echoing in the dark alleway that led to Bar Lupin.

The doorbell clinged as the door opened, it was quite a cozy atmosphere,and there weren't a lot of persons. They took a seat, as the bartender greeted them, while wiping a glass. He immediately recognized Dazai.

"Greetings. How can I help you?" he asked

"The usual,please." he said while staring in a blank point.

"I'll have a (f/d) please."

The bartender nodded and went off to prepare the drinks.

"Hey..(Y/N) wanna know something?" asked Dazai.

"Sure..."

"Did you know that I used to work in the Port Mafia?" he said while giving a closed eye smile.

"Really? That's pretty dangerous, you know.." she responded while yawning softly.

"Hm..so you care about me?" he smirked.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do." she stated as-a-matter-of-fact.

"Actually I feel better now.." he said and smiled.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened...or?"

"No..it's fine,don't wanna burden you."

"Hey, quit talking like that! You're absolutely no burden to me! ; she accentuated the "no"; but if you don't wanna talk about it, that's okay, I won't force you."

"Thanks..."

"For what?"

"For being by my side.."

"Aww, that's so cute, Dazai!" she said mockingly, while Dazai's cheeks were dusted with pink, his eyes wide open.

"Let's get drunk! There's no better way to get rid of problems other than to drink." Dazai said eagerly, his blush dissapearing.

"NO! Otherwise who's gonna drive? You get drunk I get you back home safely." she said seriously.

"And, who are we toasting for?" (Y/N) asked.

"To the stray dogs." Dazai responded, while gently rising his glass.

"Okay then.. to the stray dogs."she smiled,while the two glasses made a *cling* sound.
-----------------------------------------------

And that's how Dazai ended up drinking 4 glasses of whiskey, so it was time to stop.

They payed and left outta there immediately.

"(Y/N)~, I'm not thaaaat drunk, I'm just a bit tipsy~!" he said while hiccuping between some words.

"No, Dazai! We're going home!"

"Noo~! Leave me alooone! Come on, just one more glass, please~!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay,Dazai. Please don't try cutting your veins again! I'm going to my apartment to sleep!"

"But,(Y/N), I don't want to sleep alone!" he started to whine.

"FINE, just tonight, you're sleeping on the couch!"

"Yayy~!"

"Jeez, you're acting like a little child!......tough would you like some coffee? It'll help you sober up." she suggested.

"Suree... I could drink some." he said now laying on the couch.

After a couple of minutes, (Y/N) brought the coffee, and sat on the sofa along with Dazai.

She took a sip from Dazai's coffee.

"Hey, isn't that supposed to be my cup of coffee?" he asked.

"Yeah, jeez, calm down, it's all yours!"

Dazai then leaned closer to (Y/N), while she shoved the cup in Dazai's face so he couldn't see her flustered expression.

The moonlight gently illuminated (Y/N)'s features while she stared at the bitter liquid in the cup. Dazai was studying her closely, not realizing he was staring too much and too deeply.Suddenly, he broke out of his daze.

"(Y/N), did anyone tell you how beautiful your eyes look? Or just how perfect you look while doing absolutely anything?" he asked, getting closer to her face, his eyes softening.

"No..." she mumbled, surprised, her face as red as a tomato. She was looking deeply into Dazai's eyes ; their shiny,chestnut color that she loved so much.

"But...did anyone tell you how handsome you are? Because every time I look into your eyes, I feel like I'm falling deeper and deeper into them every time. They just make me smile every day.." she confessed,making Dazai smile.

And (Y/N) realized he's still drunk,and maybe was unaware of what he was saying.

Still, their faces were inches apart, (Y/N) could feel Dazai's warm breath, that smelled like alcohol.

"Maybe I find you so perfect because I have this weird feeling every time I look at you. Love....I've came to realise we're most alive when we are in love. It's weird, isn't it? Maybe it hit me finally.." he whispered in her ear,with a breathy voice.

"Yes love is indeed strange...but, why did you chose to love me? Out of so many wom-" she got interrupted.

She then realised what was happening. (Y/N) felt something warm on her mouth.

She had stiffened from shock. She could feel her heart break out of her ribcage. Was it really happening?Was she dreaming?

She put her hands behind Dazai's neck,melting into his touch,while he snaked his arms around her waist.It was a sweet kiss, (Y/N) could feel the whiskey taste that lingered in Dazai's mouth, but she didn't mind.But the kiss started to get a little heated, until they ran out of air, their lips disonnected, while panting heavily.

"Because I like you for you, (Y/N). Because you make me feel alive.You make me forget about suicide and this pity called life.I think I have been blessed by having a woman like you by my side." he whispered, while putting his forhead on her forhead,cupping her face.

"I'm glad that I bumped into you in that day." she smiled,while remembering that moment, both giggling.

"Cuddles?"he asked like a little child.

"Cuddles.." she said,giggling.

Dazai embraced (Y/N) with a tight hug, both interwining hands.

"You smell very sweet.." remarked Dazai.

"Thanks..." she said burying her face in the pillow, hoping that Dazai couldn't see her blushing.

Afterwards,they both slowly drifted to sleep,embracing each other in a hug, leaving only the sound of grass hoppers echo in the beautiful night.

_________________________________________