Chapter 11: Going crazy

Dorothy fell to her knees and continued to sob uncontrollably and Audrey bobbed down to her level, moving her hair back she said to Dorothy, "look at me," and Dorothy did, "listen to me, you are the bravest person I've ever met. I wish I could be as brave as you. You can overcome your fear of Helen and your doppelgänger, as I did." Dorothy nodded and she wiped her eyes and got up. "Aud?" Dorothy said, looking a mess,
"Yes?"
"I need a gin and tonic." She stated, feeling in pain from where Audrey had grabbed her, and threw her to the ground.

Dorothy soon drank her G&T but it didn't make her feel any better. "What's wrong, Dorothy?" Siegfried asked and she put her face in her hands, "I've had the same amount of blood that you two and Jenny have had and yet I don't feel satisfied from it. I'm so ravenous, it's like I'm going crazy and I just feel like I won't stop until I feel satisfied with what I've eaten. Is this Helen's doing? I'm a monster, I feel like I'm just going to..."
"What's going on?" James came in and asked after returning from a case, nobody said anything, they just gave a "run now" sort of face, James turned towards Dorothy and noticed how she was trying to fight her impulses, "Mrs H, do something!" James said as he was trying to run away. Audrey tried to hold her back with her powers for as long as she could, "she's too strong!" Dorothy's fangs began to show and she bit James, and she wasn't coming away, Audrey pulled Dorothy back and James was weak, "Mr Farnon, you have to save him!" Audrey told him as she was struggling with Dorothy.

James was laid onto the floor and Siegfried dripped his blood into James' mouth. He waited.

"Dorothy, look at me. This isn't you, you need to fight it. Come back to us Dot, we need you and we love you!" Audrey firmly said looking into Dorothy's eyes and she saw a tear falling from her eye, "Aud?" She whispered, Audrey began to cry and she hugged her best friend tightly, "Dorothy, I thought we lost you."
"I don't know what you're talking about, why's James- did I go for James?!" Dorothy replied confused whilst James slowly wakes up.

"Dorothy?" James asked.

She hung her head in shame, "I'm so sorry." She ran out of the room and went straight upstairs to her room and cried. "What the bloody hell is going on?!" Siegfried shouted, "this is all Helen. I'm going up to her." Audrey sighed as she went upstairs

Audrey knocks on the door, "it's Audrey, can I come in?" Dorothy comes to open the door, "this spy thing wasn't a good idea, next time Helen agrees to meet, I'm not coming." She told her.
"The bitch must die." Audrey snapped
"How? She can only be staked and we can't do it."
"No, but there's someone who can." They look at each other and they both know who they mean, "Jenny needs to be told." Dorothy replied, "I won't telephone because Helen could answer, but, I have a spell and it needs us both." Audrey nodded.