Business

I'm sitting in bed scrolling through my phone. I just got a new phone so I'm setting up the wallpaper and downloading all of the apps I needed or wanted.

As I'm adding all of my friends on snapchat I hear muffled yelling. My eyes immediately leave my phone and quickly focus on my bedroom door. I jump up, leaving my phone on my bed, and start walking out of my room.

I walk into the living room but don't see anyone. I then walk into my dads room. As I walk in I find him shoving clothes and his laptop into his suitcase. "Uhm dad?" I say standing there completely confused.

"Oh! Delilah! You need to pack quickly!" He says making motions with his hands to go back to my room. "Why?" I ask slowly backing up. "I can't explain, now go!" He says at this point begging for me to leave.

I rush out and go to my room. I grab my suitcase that's stuffed in the back of my closet and immediately start taking clothes off of my hanger. I pack a couple things and then hesitate. What if he wanted me to pack for a long trip?

I stop what I'm doing and rush back into my dads room. "Hey dad, is this a long or short trip?" I ask quickly. He looks up at me with a face like I was dumb to ask such a question.

"Obviously this is a long trip, we're moving to Florida for good." He says. My eyes widen. "Wait," I begin excitedly, "Like beach's? Like disney land? Like Miami?" He looks up at me again with the same face. "No, West Palm Beach." He says and then looks back down at his suitcase.

I leave with a confused look on my face. I walk into my room and pick up my phone. My finger race around the keyboard typing in 'West Palm Beach.' I immediately start scrolling through all the images. Beaches, at least. Rodeos. A lot of country. Some towns. Seemed boring.

I looked up from my phone. I knew this was because of my dads business when I saw rodeos. I mean at least I would be living in Florida. Suddenly a huge smile forms on my face when I realize there would be cowboys.

Gosh, did I love cowboys. I mean I know I live in Louisiana but the younger cowboys like my age, aren't that nice. I mean sure their attractive but that doesn't matter when their complete jerks.

I continue packing my bags with basically everything in my room. Clothes, shoes, makeup, phone, laptop, chargers, headphones, books, and way more.

Once I'm done I walk into the living room where my dad now was with his suitcase. "Okay, the flights in around 30 minutes so we have to go now." He says. I nod and follow him outside to the car.

Once we've loading our suitcases into the trunk we both get in the car. He quickly puts the keys in and we start the drive. "Hey dad," I say breaking the silence, "Is this for business?" He nods. "What about our furniture, like my bed?" I ask. "I got the movers booked already." He says.

"So we already have a house in Florida that we own?" I ask. He looks over at me. "It's in the making, for a week we will be staying with the man I'm doing business with. "Like at his house?" I ask. "Yup, he has some guests room prepared for us, real nice guy." I nod and look into the distance wondering what the country's going to be like.