Farmhand

I wake up to Hunter pulling my blinds up. I sit up almost immediately.

"Excuse me." I snap. "What time is it?"

"5 am." He says throwing clothes onto my bed.

"5 am, are you joking?"

"Get up right now." He snaps. "Where's my dad and Shane? I'll tell them what your doing." I say, now standing up.

"They're both out of town, business." He says. "How long?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows. "The rest of the week, so get used to me." Hunter says, crossing his arms.

"What are the clothes for?" I ask. "The last farmhand just quit so guess what? You're hired." He says.

My eyes widen.

"There's no way I'm picking up horse shit." I say and he starts laughing. My eyes shot up to look at him, "Why the hell are you laughing? I'm being serious."

"And I am too. Your dad told mine that you were here as a guest and would do whatever needed to be done around the place."

My damn dad. Why can't he understand he came for business not me? Meaning he does the work and I swim at the beach all day.

"And if you couldn't tell by the pigs, cows, horses, huge barn, hay stacks," He continues on and on about things I could've saw last night as I stood slam right in-front of their house.

"I get it." I snap and grab the clothes he threw on the bed as I stand up. "Get out and I'll change." He nods and leaves.

...

We stand in-front of a huge mud pit with little pink pings swarming around. "Well these jerks need to be fed. Their food is in the shed right there."

He points to a gray shed behind the fence surrounding the pigs mud pit.

"Oh alright." I say and he turns around, heading towards a beautiful white horse and feeding her a carrot.

It was still dark out but the sun was visible over the horizon so I could clearly see the farm.

I look down at the little pink piglets and immediately open the fence door. It was a dark brown small fence that matched with the mud.

I look down at the pigs. There were a couple big ones but in the back of the mud pit I saw an adorable light pink piglet.

I look down at my sneakers.

Oh well.

I stick one foot into the mud and wince before looking down at the globs of mud now on my what were, new converse.

I stick my other foot in and start my journey to the little piglet. I thought it would be easy dodging a couple pigs but god were they strong. One of them almost knocked me over.

I named him Bull.

He had a black dot on his right eye so I'd be able to tell him apart from the others.

I finally reach the little piglet and immediately take it into my arms. It was so small and precious. I held it up and a big smile tugged at my lips when it let out a little snort.

"What in the actual hell is going on here?" I hear a gruff voice say behind me. I turn around, piglet still in hand, and meet Hunters eyes.

"I was just holding him." I tell him. "Her." He corrects me. I look down at the little piglet. She was so cute. "What should I name her?" I squint at her to get a better look.

"I know!" I shriek coming up with the best name ever. "I'll name her Izzy."

"Her name is pig."

A disgusted look forms on my face as I turn to Hunter. "Pig is not a name. Izzy is. Her name is Izzy." I snap. He rolls his eyes. "Where is their food? Cause I don't see it n'where."

I quickly put down Izzy and stomp through the mud before opening the fence gate and passing Hunter. I walk towards the gray shed and open the door.

Tools filled every wall. A couple hay stacks sat in a corner with cobwebs surrounding them. My eyes scan everywhere until I see a bag labeled 'Pig Food.'

I walk over and grab it before shutting the shed door and aggressively giving the bag to Hunter. "There you are. Now I'm gonna-" I start but he interrupts me. "Now your gonna milk the cows."

"Are you actually kidding?" I turn around. "I don't know how to do that!" I explain what should be pretty obvious already.

I don't know how to be a- Wait what do they call it? Oh right a, farmhand.