A Daisy In The Wind [4]

Weeks has passed since Sasuke saw Hinata, not that he cared anyway but Miyabi seemed to have taken a liking to the unknown woman who remained a mystery to him. She would ask him to go back to the forest — albeit most of her request came out in a series of gurgles — where she would walk around and look for the pale eyed woman as if it was another game of hide and seek.

"She's not here Miya." The nickname fell from his mouth without thinking, he didn't mind either. He sighed as he brushed his hair back, following the toddler around as she whined and pulled leaves off of the bushes she passed.

Unfortunately, one of the bushes were filled with small prickly orbs. Pulling her hand back quickly, Miyabi shrieked and waved her hand around as she started crying. She panicked at the stinging pain and cried louder even while Sasuke tried helping her.

"She cries a lot huh."

Hinata's voice startled him as she came out from wherever she was hiding. She sported a pair of shorts and a thin long sleeved shirt with some gloves. Her hair was tied up and dirt covered her face but Sasuke didn't question it.

"She's always been that way." He started picking at the small spikes with his hand, ignoring the pain in his fingers.

"Stop that." Hinata walked closer, "stop using your fingers, you're going to hurt her more and yourself."

She kneeled down beside Miyabi and tucked her hair behind her ear, using her clean hand to wipe her tears.

"Hello Miyabi! Remember me?" She cooed, holding her hand for the toddler to hold it with her uninjured hand. Hinata turned to Sasuke, "follow me and I'll take care of this for you." She stood up and led the way to her camp.

He was amazed when he saw the unfinished cabin in the woods. It was surrounded by trees and seemed to blend into the forest's foliage with the flowers and rose bushes that surrounded it. It was missing only a few windows and the inside wasn't yet furnished but it was a moderate size for a small family.

"I thought you were leaving."

"I lied." Hinata pulled out a first aid kit and sat down on a blanket near the stream that ran a few feet away from her unfinished home.

"That's not like you." He sat down beside Miyabi to make sure Hinata wasn't doing anything suspicious.

"You don't even know me Uchiha." Hinata humoured, "you knew the younger me. This is the most we've spoken ever." She used a tweezer and activated her byakugan to see all the spikes in Miyabi's hand.

The young girl watched her with curious eyes, reaching out to touch the veins that protruded around the Hyuga's eyes. Hinata looked at her and smiled softly before continuing her work. When she was sure everything was gone, she wiped her hand with disinfectant, blowing quickly so it didn't sting, before she wrapped her hand with gauze.

"All done!" She kissed her hand and smiled.

Miyabi looked at her hand and back at Hinata before smiling, hugging her. Hinata patted her head softly and laughed. She sat back down beside Sasuke and kept looking at her hand, giggling to herself.

"Give me your hand Uchiha." Hinata demanded, leaving no place for an argument as she took his hand anyway and removed the spikes in his finger.

When his finger was cleaned and wrapped, he nodded at Hinata and stood up. "We should probably leave you alone to finish your work." He dusted his pants and held Miyabi's hand.

The child pouted and pulled away from him to hide behind Hinata's leg. Sasuke frowned and looked at his adopted daughter.

"We need to go Miya."