A Daisy In The Wind [Final]

They sat on the roof of the cottage in the cold air, snow had resumed falling for the night, making the place look magical. Sasuke sat side by side with Hinata, they enjoyed the silence, appreciating each other's presence.

When the moon was high in the sky, Sasuke pulled out a box. An early birthday present, which he had originally planned to give her in the morning but thought the night was perfect.

Hinata looked at him when he shifted, her eyes immediately focusing on the small box. "Are you okay?" She tilted her head.

"I am." He fumbled with the box before handing it to her. "Your birthday present." He didn't say much, he didn't know what to say.

"Aren't you a little early?" She joked, taking the wrapped box.

"Only by an hour or two." Sasuke shrugged and watched as she opened it.

Her eyes widened once she saw the blue velvet box, and her eyes began tearing up when she opened it to reveal a beautiful full moon necklace. It was extremely appropriate as they sat under the light of the necklace's inspiration.

"Sasuke..." She whispered as she looked back at him.

"It's a symbol for all of us. I originally planned for it to be three pieces, two crescents for you and I, Miyabi being the piece that connected us." Sasuke looked away sheepishly, "this seems odd."

"It's not." Hinata laughed, "it's...cute." She held the necklace up in the moonlight. "Do you want to put it on me?" She turned to him.

He reached his hand out and took the silver necklace, he carefully put it on her, trying not to get her hair caught in the clasp.

"It looks so pretty." She admired as she turned to him. With a grin on her face, she pulled him in for a soft kiss. "Thank you, so much."

The morning of her birthday, she woke up to clattering in the kitchen as well as hushed giggles. Curious, she quickly put on a pair of shorts and walked out of the bedroom with Sasuke's shirt hanging loosely on her body.

She was quiet as she walked into the kitchen to see Miyabi holding a cup of juice while Sasuke cleaned her face. On the table was a complete westernized breakfast. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit salad, a pitcher of juice and a scroll beside her plate.

"Mama! Happy birthday!" Miyabi exclaimed, forgetting that she held a cup in her hand and dropping it as she raised her arms.

With his quick reflexes, Sasuke caught the glass and put it down. He turned around and smiled at Hinata, "Good morning, my love." He kissed her forehead when she hugged him.

Hinata kissed Miyabi's cheek, "thank you baby. Did you make me something?"

Nodding enthusiastically, Miyabi asked to be put down before she held Hinata's hand and brought her to the table. "Food!"

"Looks yummy." Hinata sat down and picked up Miyabi, "which one do you want me to try first?"

"Uhhhh..." Miyabi looked across the table and then pointed at the pancakes. "I make!"

"Alrighty, then let me eat this one." Hinata picked up a pancake and put it on her plate, she poured some syrup and took a bite. Surprisingly, it didn't taste off. "Mmhm, this is really good, you did a good job."

"Yay!" The young girl laughed and stuck her tongue out at Sasuke.

"Why don't we let mommy eat?" Sasuke reached for her and brought her to her own seat. He strapped her in and put her food in front of her.

Hinata smiled at them and continued eating her breakfast, joking around with Sasuke while Miyabi made jumbled remarks at them. When the table was cleared, Hinata picked up the scroll and looked at it curiously.