on the fence (s1ep2)

"If you could pick any superhero to be your dad, who would you choose?"

"I'd rather not take part in this conversation." I shrugged, knowing that on any normal week, I would've said my dad was a superhero already. But we still weren't over the whole 'Sarah' thing.

"Well, I'd pick Batman. He lets Robin hang out with him and play with all his stuff, and Robin's not even his real kid, he's his ward!" Shawn said, giving me a sympathetic look.

"How'd you get to be a ward?" I asked.

"Batman?" Cory exclaimed, "Is he faster than a speeding bullet? I don't think so. Is he more powerful than a locomotive? Uh-uh. I'd want Superman."

Shawn shook his head, "Sees through walls, you'd never be able to get away with anything."

"Because I'd make somebody's very cool  ward," I decided, still thinking about Batman and Robin.

"I'd like to have Superman for a dad."

"Hey, there's Minkus," Shawn smirked, pulling out the new 2000-X-HYDRO-SATURATOR and shooting Stuart.

"Woah! The 2000-X-HYDRO-SATURATOR!" Cory gasped.

"Careful, if Feeny sees this baby on school grounds, he'll shag it and I'll have to sit out the water war." Shawn said.

I shook my head. "Gentlemen, meet the HYDRO-SAT-3000-Z. Blow your head clean off." 

"The 3000?" Cory exclaimed, "That's not even supposed to come out til Christmas!"

"I know a guy...who knows a guy... who knows a guy... whatever." I shot at Minkus's head too.

"You really shouldn't do that," he complained.

"Why? You gonna melt?" Shawn asked.

"Nope." Minkus took out a huge black case containing a water gun that I'm pretty sure didn't exist. I think he built it, although, I never asked him. "I'm going to retaliate."

I aimed.

"Go ahead, Celia. Make. Me. Wet."

I thought for a moment and sighed, putting away my gun.

"Wise choice." Stuart nodded.

"Ah, who needs one of those? For your information, a well-placed water balloon can give you just as much splash for your cash. Like everyone's  gonna have a humongous water gun." Cory stated, walking over to the water fountain. We all pulled out our 'humongous water guns' as he turned, timidly and giggled nervously. 

"How are ya?" He grinned. We each pulled the trigger and watched as Cory gave in to the spurts of water. Feeny entered while my (second) best friend was yelling. My gun went under the table, as did everyone else's, while Mr Feeny observed the lunch hall. Turning to Cory, he placed his lunch tray on a nearby table. He walked over to the Brillo-head. "Mr Matthews, the drinking fountain is not a toy," he informed the boy before taking a sip of water and wiping his moustache. 

I sniggered whilst Cory turned back to us, with a look on his face that pretty much said: "What on earth just happened and how did you get away with it?"

—————————————

I kicked my feet up on the table.

"So, Ceels. Hungry?" Eric asked.

"Yup." I replied.

Eric had always been an older-brother-figure to me, and we'd loved each other like siblings since  he stole my ice cream, after which, I took it back and shoved it in his face. I heard Alan come in and Eric jumped up from his bed. I followed, leaping onto his back. He ran downstairs to the kitchen, where Amy was thanking Cory for a very sincere compliment.