Chapter 6: finding evidence

As the cookies of darkness ran off with pure vanilla cookie, the maid was taking some time to process everything she just witnessed. The maid went into pure vanilla's room to take a look at the damage that they possibly would've done to the room while searching for him. Everything was a mess...she looked around for some form of evidence so she could report it to the police. Until she found a note on the bed.

"Greetings to whoever found this note, we have successfully captured king pure vanilla. Our master wanted us to capture him for her own devious reasons...I, pomegranate cookie, am unsure why she needed us to capture him...but, I must follow our masters orders...even if they are unreasonable...if you want to try and save him, follow the pomegranate seeds.

-sincerely, the cookies of darkness"

"This...this is unbelievable!" the maid exclaimed "first they make a mess, and now they've kidnapped the king! Oh, whatever do I do!?" the maid sighed. An idea popped into her head! Find more evidence! So she searched all around the room until she found a little crumpled up piece of paper under pure vanilla cookies bed. "I don't remember this last time I cleaned up this room..." the maid said as she uncrumpled the paper.

"I don't usually write often, but I thought I would give it a try today. I have a lot of things to do tomorrow, like feeding the birds and tending to the flowers and helping other cookies in need! But...for some odd reason...I keep thinking about someone...someone i've known for years...and it's not white lily for once! but...I think I might have a thing for dark cacao...I am still unsure if I feel this way about him. But, he's just so nice! Sure hollyberry and golden cheese are nice too...but something about dark cacao feels...different. Hopefully, I'll have time to see him tomorrow...perhaps...

-pure vanilla cookie"

The maid was shocked "wait a minute..." the maid sighed. She thought to herself for a moment...then, another idea came into her mind "that's it! I should go down to the kingdom, find dark cacao, and bring these notes to him! Maybe he'll know what to do!" the maid exclaimed. She took both of the notes and ran down to the kingdom as fast as she could!

Once she made it down to the kingdom, she was out of breath. She took some time to breathe and started searching for dark cacao cookie. It was way harder than she thought...there were so many cookies here! She searched almost everywhere. Until she saw affogato cookie "hey! Yeah, you! Goodness...do you know where dark cacao cookie is...this is really important!" the maid huffed "do I know you?" affogato asked "oh! Goodness, where are my manners? I am banana split cookie! I am a maid at the vanilla castle!" the maid said "again, sorry for being a burden to you sir, but do you know where dark cacao is?" the maid asked again "well, of course I do! But is there a reason why you need to know where he is at the moment?" affogato asked "yes! Pure vanilla is in danger! And only he can save him! Do you mind bringing these notes to him?" the maid asked as she handed affogato the notes "why of course darling! I will take these to him immediately!" affogato said as he took the notes "thank you so much! I really appreciate it!" the maid thanked as she ran off back to the castle.

As affogato walked to dark cacao cookies destination, he took some time to read the notes he received. He wasn't all that surprised, it was kind of funny. Once he finally made it to dark cacao, he knew it was time to take things seriously "my liege..." affogato said "hm? What do you want?" dark cacao asked "a maid from the vanilla castle gave me these notes and told me to give them to you" affogato explained as he handed him the notes. Dark cacao took a close look at the notes "oh...oh no..." dark cacao mumbled. "I...I have to go save him!" dark cacao exclaimed as he ran off with his sword in his hand "but my liege! You have no idea where you're going!" affogato exclaimed. Dark cacao didn't care, he had to save pure vanilla...