Chapter 3 - Run! Run! Run!

The gunshots sounded far but we heard footsteps. We couldn't quiet tell what we were in for.

"Is it an animal"?! Sarah screamed towards me.

I didn't reply.

I was in shock. I couldn't tell what was coming for us! What beastly monster with sharp fangs and a sense of hunting was coming for us? This echoed throughout my head.

Suddenly, I felt a grab on my wrist, it was firm but warm. I quickly looked to see what had grasped me. It was Sarah.

"RUN! RUN! RUN!" she was screaming as if I was a deaf person not knowing what to do next.

We did what we only could do. We ran. Ran as fast as we both could. My heart was beating and I was out of breathe. I didn't care, my only concern was to run and that was my goal. We didn't know where we were going, or where we were. All we cared about was safety. We ran for about miles I could imagine.

We decided to come to a stop. We still heard gun shots but they sounded further then expected. I laid down on the grown, closed my eyes hoping I was safe. Sarah was really quite, we both were. We just laid there both waiting for the other person to speak. No one did. It seemed like we both didn't know to explain what just happened or what was coming to us at that time. I didn't speak. I was just restating and rethinking.

Shortly after, Sarah finally spoke.

"Do you know where the hell we are"? She implied.

"Not sure, let's just hope it's not anywhere close" I said trying to catch my breath heavily.

I honestly didn't know where we were, but I didn't care. I just was glad we were to safety. We both decided to hit on the trail again. God knows where we were! After an hour of walking we heard the footsteps again, this time they sounded more frequent. I wasn't ready for what was coming. Honestly, I didn't know if I was ready to run.

We heard a voice. It sounded feminine. Almost as a 14 - year old girl.

"What if she's hurt Michael?" Sarah said briefly. she sounded relived that someone was out there.

Before I could say anything, this girl came running out of the woods, she started toward us screaming "Help!"

We didn't know what to do next.