Chapter 4

I call out his name and he turns to me and I show him the key, and that’s when it clicks he remembers how it used to be.

Jackson’s POV:

I’m about to kill someone I can feel it, part of me wants to stop but the other can’t. But, out of nowhere a car comes through the wall and someone gets out. I know her, she’s beautiful but I don’t really remember her. My other part unwillingly goes closer to her, and I’m surprised because I don’t feel the anger and want to kill her like I do with others.

“Jackson” she says, and that means something to me, but what? She than pulls out a key. Why do I want a key? But, as I look closer I see that the key is mine, for my house. And, that’s when I remember.

Flashback:

I don’t know when it happened, or how it happened but I fell for Lydia. She doesn’t know it yet of course, or I haven’t really told her. I guess I don’t have to put it into words either she sort of knows in a way that I don’t understand.

After the whole Julie incident we didn’t really discussed it but sort of reached a silent agreement that we would see other people. Most people would be surprised that I would give up my freedom for this one girl. I mean people still don’t know we’re only seeing each other it’s not out in the public yet.

However, I have a feeling that after tonight we are definitely going to be exclusive. That’s all we’re missing anyways the title.

We had just finished our love making and I was waiting for the right time to give her my key, it was to my house but I know for us it meant more than that. She wasn’t facing my way she was facing the wall and seemed to snuggle into the bed.

I took the opportunity to reach over my drawer and take out the key, I leaned over towards her and said “here it’s to the front door” I was a little nervous to see her reaction.

“A key to your house? Already?” she teased. And, I was glad that she was so playful about it but I also knew she understood the meaning of it.

“What it’s, it’s not a wedding ring” I said I was nervous enough that I couldn’t even speak right because in our world this was like a ring.

“Oh, so you’re just making me a more accessible late night booty call?” she teased again. Even without seeing her face I knew she had a smile on her face. Because that’s how this all started by a booty call, but now here we were being more than I’d ever imagined possible.

So teasing her back I said “Late night, afternoon, early morning…” as I kissed her shoulders and up to her neck. I than rested my head on her neck and for the first time in what seems like forever I smiled of pure happiness.

Jackson’s POV present:

I take the key back, because I remember. Just like when I first gave her they key I gave her my heart, now she’s giving it back. It is because of this that I am saved. And, because I am Jackson again I know it must end.

I can risk hurting her I have to take this opportunity of saneness to end it. I step a little away from her; I don’t want her to get hurt. I look at Derrick and I know he understands what I’m saying, I’m telling him to kill me. I’d rather die than keep on hurting Lydia or worse to actually physically hurt her one day.

I feel it, I feel his claws in me and someone else from behind McCall perhaps? But I don’t care anything is better than the thought of hurting Lydia. They step back again, and I fall I know I’m falling. Just when I thought I was going to hit the ground I feel arms around me.