❀ Chapter 4 - Some Help from A Criminal, Then A Sweet Surprise After ⚖︎

3rd Person POV
After Hu Tao followed Yanfei out of that smelly old building, Yanfei asked Hu Tao if she could help her with the murder case she was assigned. With Hu Tao wanting to close the small gap in their "friendship," she said yes. So they started looking everywhere. After a few minutes, Hu Tao found something.

"YanYan! I found gloves!"

"Gloves-? Does it have blood on it?"

"Yeah! Look!"

Hu Tao then showed Yanfei the gloves she found. It was a pair of light blue gloves, with a few blood stains on it.

"Huh... Maybe Hu Tao could've been a good detective." Yanfei thought.

"But... I kinda forgot how to locate fingerprints... Hehe..." Hu Tao said nervously, rubbing the back of her neck.

"...Of course you did. Oh well, I'll just show you."

"Oya-? Why don't you just do it yourself?"

"Because I wanna show you how, just in case you might become a detective with me someday..." Yanfei said, blushing slightly, thinking of her detective days with Hu Tao.

Hu Tao noticed Yanfei blush and chuckled.

"Hehe, alright then! Go ahead, show me how to locate fingerprints, YanYan!"

"Alright then! So, you take this brush—"

"Huh-?! Where'd you get the brush from?!"

"From my pocket of course! Anyways... You take the brush, dip the brush slightly in black granular, then put it where you think the finger print is gonna be. So in this case, I think the fingerprint is gonna be where the tip of the gloves are, so I'll brush the black granular on there."

Quick Note!

I don't ACTUALLY know how to find fingerprints, I just googled it- so... If for some reason you wanna find fingerprints, please don't trust this fanfic to help. Okay! Back to the story!

End of Quick Note!

"Ohhhhh! I see, I see! So that's how you do it..."

"Yeah, it's quite easy... There's the fingerprints."

"Ooooo... Interesting!"

"Hehe, yeah. Alright, I think I have a fingerprint scanner. So, let's go back to my office."

"Alright then!"

Hu Tao followed Yanfei to her car, slowly memorizing how to find fingerprints again. They went in the car, and Yanfei began to drive. Hu Tao couldn't drive for the life of her, and if she did... Well. Let's just say the end of the ride would result you wishing that Hu Tao never drove. After they arrived to Yanfei's office, Yanfei then turned on the fingerprint scanner.

"Alright... Let's see who murdered the poor girl."

Yanfei placed the glove tips on the scanner, and let it do its work. After a minute of silence, and Hu Tao exploring Yanfei's office, they both heard a little beep sound. Yanfei and Hu Tao went to check who's fingerprints it was. They were... In grave shock to say the least.

The Fingerprint Scanner showed this.
—————————————————————————
Fingerprint Details

Fingerprint type: Loop Fingerprint.

Identity of Fingerprint: Dr. Baizhu.
———————————————————————