Chapter 1

You opened this book. A BIG thank you! Also follow me if you aren't already. My followers are special to me.❤️ {{And please note that this was my very first story on Wattpad, so there might be errors and whatnot. I'm editing it slowly but surely.}}

**Copyright**

Copyright ©️
This story is highly copyrighted. No part of it may be copied in written or audio form or any form direct or implied without the clear consent of the author.

Also, please if you see this story or a very similar one on Wattpad or on any other platform, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Thank you!

Aside from Wattpad, this story is also on my personal website purposeandfreedom.org.

So it shouldn't be on any other websites/platform.

** And thank you again for opening UTLL! It means a lot to me that you would choose to read my story.❤

**Note**

Please do not promote your story in the comment section or on my profile page. I think it's very disrespectful to authors. If you do, It will be deleted without warning.

Again, thank you!❤

And I hope you enjoy reading UTLL as much as I enjoyed writing it.☺

Here we go!

👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

******************************

"This is the story of how I vanish into thin air. Poof. Just like that. Allow me to explain."

Safa's POV

The leaves are still blooming. Summer is in the air.

Cloud Gate is shining so much that the monument gives a crystal clear reflection of passersby as they go about their daily lives, or so it seems to me as I watch them.

The sight won't kill me.

Besides, I'll only be here watching from the shadows for a little bit longer. Dusk will command the rest of my day.

I sigh for what seems like the tenth time in the last hour as I begin reclining into my shell. I might come out later. Lake Michigan is better than the daylight anyway; better than the whole Earth.

You see, Earth isn't my home. And in as much as I miss being on planet Santza, my own planet, I have to admit, planet Earth is more exciting, vibrant. Isn't that why I've spent almost five lifetimes here? I turned twenty-one just last month. And next year on my birthday, I'll vanish, and eight human years after that, I'll be reborn.

I laugh at the thought of being reborn. No matter how deep I am in the water, I still feel the clarity of the Cloud Gate. That's another reason I love being in Chicago. Maybe in my next lifetime, I'll come back to Chicago, to the crystal clear bean, to the clarity of the waters beneath, just like the meaning of my name. 

I am born with a different name every time I vanish and I'm reborn. And somehow, I know that my parents intentionally give me the names I've had.

And Safa is no exception.

My name is Safiya Lawson. But Safa is what I go by. And after telling you what I am about to tell you, you will call me an alien, for sure. That's why I never reveal my powers - well, let's just say I rarely do.