5 • Family and Foe

THANK U SO MUCH TO @-wingedwishes- for helping me with edits and making sure this chapter sounds as good as it can be SERIOUSLY THANK YOU YOU HAVE HELPED ME SO MUCH I APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME OUT OF UR DAY TO HELP ME OUT CRIES <3!!!

ALSO THANK YOU TO @ slozards on IG FOR MAKING THE BEST HARPER EDIT KNOWN TO MAN WITH THE SWAGGEST SONG OF ALL TIME ALONG WITH FREAKING ORANGE SHIP SKETCHESHJFAKSBLJHKJLHVS BANGS TABLE AGGRESSIVELY Seriously bestie ilysm u are so amazing!!!!!!! LEGIT EVERYONE PLS LOOK AT IT I LOVE IT SM GO TO HER INSTA PAGE RN ITS THE SAME @!!

I battle with some heavy and mean thoughts more and more frequently and recently it got BAD and I was about to just give up and drop AML altogether a few days before you posted ur bday gift for me LEGIT IDEC THAT ITS LATE ITS THE FACT YOU DID SMTH AND OMG IT MEANT A LOT. LIKE A LOT. I AM ON FIRE AGAIN. THATS A HUGE REASON WHY I FREAKED OUT SM BECAUSE I FELT THE FIRE AGAIN. THE FACT YOU JUST. APPRECIATE WHAT I DO. MAKES ME SO HAPPY EVERY DAY. :) Thank you. 

For ppl who have no idea what's going on you don't have to, just know i have HUGE plans for this story and... sometimes it gets ahead of me, and sometimes i wonder if realistically I'll ever finish the stories I have for my OCs lol, so it gets to my head and i basically bully myself hardcore cries but we vibin!!!!

We're finally scratching the surface of the AML lore iceberg today. Thank you for your patience. I know, I know, I take absolutely forever. I'm trying, but... life :(

Also, didn't know this until I put all of this in, but this chapter is a long one. Guess it makes up for my super long absence from updating right? its,, its 13K words 💀💀 bye✋🏻

"Welcome, everyone! It's so great to see you all again. Make yourselves at home," Cyrus Borg greeted the ninja as they entered his laboratory.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Borg, for agreeing to help on such short notice," Wu said.

"Why, of course! I'm more than happy to! It's always good to catch villains sooner than later." He said enthusiastically.

Borg's laboratory didn't seem to change a bit since the last time the team visited. There were several computer monitors displaying blueprints and notes for several projects going on at once. The early morning sun reflected off dozens of metallic surfaces and bounced off everywhere. It created a much better atmosphere than when the ninja came by last time, when the Overlord kept everything hidden in the shadows.

Skylor's eyes couldn't get enough of what she was seeing. She was in awe of everything they landed on. She had never been to Borg Tower, so being there now was so surreal.

I can't believe you've been here before..." she breathed.

Kai stepped to her side, grinning matter-of-factly. "Oh yeah. All the time."

At Skylor's opposite side, Lloyd laughed. "You haven't even been here as much as I have, Kai. And I've been here three-- four times?"

Kai sent the green ninja a warning glare—a silent message to keep quiet. Lloyd chuckled under his breath, having succeeded in foiling Kai's attempts to impress Skylor.

The sunlight from the early morning sun shone through the window that overlooked New Ninjago City. Even though the ninja were used to seeing the city from up above, it was always such a nice view from Borg Tower's 100th floor. Light reflected off sheets of metal, nails, and exposed wires that littered Borg's desk, scattered atop of various blueprints strewn about.