CHAPTER ONE: NEW ERA

Tuesday, January 24th, 2020 - A New Age Dawned Upon the World

It is the coldest day of the entire winter. It seems as if the entire world has finally frozen for the first time in years. No screams, or gunshots, or anything. Just pure silence, the best thing of all. The massacre of a war, the worst of its century has ended once and for all this evening. Today will be marked as one of the most triumphant days in all of history. January 24th, 2020 will be acknowledged in history books, which will be taught all. It will be remembered every year as an incredible accomplishment. Today is the day that something brand new and good starts.

A blood bath that cauterized the world so roughly has led even the perfect and the best to die protecting it. The 'un-perfect' have somehow survived. The war nonetheless is done. Further destruction was prevented actually by a group of courageous people who risked everything for the greater good. In one final attempt to save their children, the heart broken parents left them in a snowy field, far from danger. Now, in that field lays about a dozen children. Orphaned children. Most of whom are already dead due to the extreme cold or illness.

A man with sharp blue eyes and grey in his hair makes his way through the graveyard covered with Snow. He eyes the broken and destroyed park not too far from him. Memories flood through his mind of a better time when he would spend great moments at that park.

"I'll make sure to fix you," he says to himself.

The man turns to beckon the people around him, his workers, to continue to look for anyone who might still be alive.

As the people search the land, the man stares at a beautiful, broken grey statue standing tall in the middle of the cemetery. It is of a middle - aged man, an old woman and a child side-by-side. It is to symbolize that everyone, no matter what gender and age one is, they should still risk their lives for their country.

The man can't help but shake his head at that statue as he didn't agree with it being built a couple years ago. It was built not too long after his daughter was born and he felt that his daughter should be given the chance to choose to fight or not. He also didn't like the idea of children fighting young. He had fought for a new meaning of the statue but unfortunately, he was ignored. The man smiles as he realizes he can finally take it down and build something better and right.

The cars of more agents pull up to the graveyard to help the search go faster. The parents that left their kids here thought it would be best to leave them in a graveyard in the hopes that if they did die, people will have the decency to bury them rather than leave them elsewhere where they will be put in a dump truck and thrown in a waste basket.

A woman approaches the man and loops her arm through his and rests her head against his shoulder. She doesn't say anything and the man doesn't push her away. They are just happy to be together through this war in the quiet.

"We've found one!" yells a man across the snowy field. "We've found a survivor!" At this moment, at this particular claim, everyone except for the couple runs as fast as they can through the dainty snow which has made their trousers wet.

The woman simply lifts her head and looks at the man with a huge smile on her face. The glee in her smile making the man relax. The two of them walk side by side, gliding over the snow. They gently push away the helpers that discovered the baby.

The man and the woman know every single child left in the graveyard personally. They had wished for some to be alive as they needed the next generation to take their places in the near future. There one amongst the children that they had pleaded to be alive.