Chapter One

P'Arthit paused in the middle of the condominium and stared at the labyrinth of boxes that stood between him and the kitchen. To say that he was not thrilled with immeasurable joy over each box would be an horrific life if there ever was one. After six years he was moving into a home he could share with Kongpob. The reality of his situation sent a frisson of almost painful joy from the middle of his chest to his finger tips. He weaved through the boxes shifting some here and there as he made his way to the kitchen to put away food for later.

Knowing that Kongpob would be there in the next little while with movers to bring his own things, Arthit straightened the kitchen as much as he could. He was reasonably certain that his mother and sisters would show up in short order. Over the years Kong managed to introduce Arthit to his parents as his best friend from their time at school and his internship at Ocean Electric. It was this step that allowed them the freedom to take vacations together and explain the numerous photos of them together in Kongpob's bedroom at home. Both he and Kong wanted to tell the Suthilucks about their relationship, but had agreed to wait until they were officially living together and financially separate in case there was any kind objection. Arthit had spent the last two years working insane hours both to help with his loneliness while Kong studied in China and to be prepared for their future when his love finally came home.

Until they could find the right time, both agreed to find a condo with two bedrooms so that there would at least be an illusion of separation. Arthit remembered their conversation just a week before.

"I have waited six years for the right to fall asleep beside you each night and wake up to you each morning, Aioun," Kong told him in his firm yet affectionate tone. P'Arthit never failed to soften when he spoke to him that way.

"Kongpob," He gasped exasperatedly. The blush that suffused his cheeks was nothing new, but he was still unable to quell his naturally shy disposition. Kong's grin in response was enough to make his heart skitter.

In the space of a breath, Kong moved closer to Arthit and pressed him up against his desk. "I'm serious," the younger man whispered against his love's lips before closing the distance and taking Arthit's breath away in a kiss so intense he felt his stomach flip over. It never ceased to astound Arthit that he would so easily capitulate to his younger lover. For the first year of their relationship, he took Kong's threat to make Arthit his wife so personally he constantly felt on edge when they were physical. Unsurprisingly, It was their first time that proved how wrong he had been to worry about such matters.

Pulling apart on a gasp, Arthit panted, "Never leave me again," before pressing their lips together once more.

Heart pounding at the memory of that night a week ago, Arthit pressed both hands to his face in embarrassment and turned toward the wall even though he was the only one in the condo.

"Why are you embarrassed?" He grumbled, "your husband loves you, that is a reflection of his love. There is no need for embarrassment."

"I do love you," Kong said walking around a tower of boxes and into the kitchen.

Arthit jerked around in surprise as Kongpob came into the room and nearly screamed.

"P'Arthit," he murmured affectionately, "did you forget that I would be coming this morning?"

Shaking his head, Arthit who was growing increasingly more demonstrative in his affections wrapped his arms around Kongpob's neck and pressed a warm kiss to his lover's lips.

"I've been looking forward to today for a week," Arthit whispered against Kong's lips, "we finally have our own home together."

Kongpob beamed with unrestrained joy before wrapping his arms tightly around Arthit's waist and spinning him around the kitchen.