𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

---
𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙮'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

I HAD just put little theo, the kid i'm babysitting to bed when i received a text from nate saying he was going to be coming over.

once he gets here, he knocks on the door and i open the door to see him with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

i smile and thank him while taking the bouquet of flowers before letting him in, closing the door after him.

he sits on the couch while i go into the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine and pass it to nate on my way back.

i sit on the other side as he passes the bottle back to me.

"you seem very much at home", he says, looking at me as he leans on his hand.

repeating his action, i respond before getting up, "would you like a tour?"

i walk outside as he just stands there and watches. soon after standing outside, he follows me.

he stands next to me as i break the silence, "i feel like you ruined me forever."

"why does it sound romantic when you say it like that?", he asks with his arms crossed.

"why did you love me?", i ask him, hugging the pillar connected to the house.

"i still love you", he says as i stare deeply into his eyes.

"but why?", i ask him again, trying to gain a real answer from him.

"because you're smart and cruel but not really", he says looking down.

"not really smart?", i continue to look at him.

"not really cruel", he elaborates his last answer.

"it's funny you say that because it's something that i didn't really realize until after we broke up", i say.

he looks up at me as i look directly back at him.

"did you know that i loved you?", my voice comes out a little shaky but i quickly cover it up, "i'm not talking about obsession or fighting or fucking, i'm talking about love."

he doesn't answer for a while so i speak up once again with another question, "did you feel loved by me?"

he then takes a second to look down before responding, "i don't know."

my eyes start to water as i slowly nod my head. he moves from his position to come over and hug me.

we hug for a while and that's when i feel him kiss the top of my head. we then stay like that for what feels like forever.

-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

since maddy invited me to her birthday party that happens tonight, i decided it was a good idea to go.

as i'm walking in, i see nate which instantly makes me wanna turn back and run but i can't since i'm here to support maddy.

"hey i'm gonna head out, happy birthday", nate tells maddy to which his words paint a look of confusion on her face.