𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

---

IN THE DAYS FOLLOWING maddy's birthday party, we had all gathered back up at lexi and cassie's house to stage an intervention for rue.

we had heard that rue had fully relapsed which was the opposite of what she told us in the bathroom last week.

she freaked out at home when she couldn't find her suitcase of drugs.

turns out this new kid elliot that's been hanging around rue a lot finally snitched on her to jules that they've been doing drugs behind her back and jules went ahead and told leslie, rue's mom, about it.

currently, we're waiting for her to show up after her mom told us she's probably going to come over looking for drugs.

we hear her knock on the door and lexi goes to open the door.

"hey, are you okay?", we hear lexi ask rue faintly.

"mhm, i think i just have like a cold or something", rue responds.

"okay well don't get me sick because i have rehearsal", lexi backs up a little bit.

"i can't get you sick", rue yawns.

"okay well colds are contagious", lexi tells her.

"yeah, i realize that but it's not that kind of thing", she stops before quickly continuing, "can i use your bathroom?"

we then all come out  from another room to greet rue.

"hey rue", maddy says, giving rue a hug to which rue reciprocates, greeting her back.

we all follow in suit, hugging rue and standing back.

suze comes down the stairs as i give rue a hug, following the others shortly after.

"oh my god, hey rue", suze greets rue as she continues to walk down the stairs, "you look terrible."

"yeah, i think i just have like a cold or something", rue shrugs her shoulders. she really does look fucked up.

"well don't get me sick, i have a compromised immune system", suze jokes.

she starts asking rue basic questions about her family before asking her if she still staying clean to which rue lies.

suze continues to talk to rue as she looks like she visibly in pain.

she finally asks to use the bathroom before rushing upstairs in a hurry.

suze then walks past lexi, "she's not doing good."

a few minutes later, rue comes down stairs. when she sees what's happening, she rolls her eyes.

"oh fuck, it'll never fucking end", she says as she sits down on the top step.

rue and her mom start to talk as we all sit and watch, waiting for whatever happens next.

"let's get back into the car and let me take you to the hospital", leslie says to rue just as cassie comes back out.

"i can't get clean, i cant do that shit forever", rue now has sweat dripping from her face.