𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

---

MINUTES LATER, cassie appears at the entrance once again, putting her dragon breath all over the small window of the door.

she then walks in as everything seems to be in slow motion as she treads down the aisle down towards the stage.

if you listen close enough, you can even hear her mother say 'oh god'.

slow clapping, she calls her sister out, "lexi you really outdid yourself."

"yo, is this like apart of the play?", some random dude asks.

cassie looks around for her sister, "i-i don't know. lexi, is this apart of the play?"

cassie proceeds to mock lexi's play while pulling the playwright up on stage into the spotlight.

mama suze then gets up there and tries to get cassie off the stage but not before shouting out ethan for playing her part.

with no luck of getting her off the stage, cassie continues to rant about how her life is so much harder than her sister's.

"show us your boobs", another random guys shouts out from the audience. i laugh at the comment but cover the laugh with me clearing my throat since maddy subtly told me to stop.

"you're just a fucking bystander", everyone in the audience starts to boo cassie for being rude to her sister.

"lexi, is this the part of the play where i steal jake from marta?", cassie egotistical adds.

"no cassie, that's not in the play", lexi tries to reassure cassie.

"it is now", maddy says from her seat in the audience.

"oh so i can't laugh but you can participate in this shit?", i playfully roll my eyes at maddy as she slaps my arm.

"wait hallie steals marta's boyfriend?", some random girl asks.

"i don't know how many times i have to say this, they were not fucking together", cassie tries to clear her name.

"yeah not only that but she was fucking him the entire time marta was talking about getting back together with him", maddy keeps talking.

the girl gasps, "why?"

"because hallie is a two-faced cunt", maddy says, now irritated with the situation.

"i'm not a cunt, you're the cunt", cassie screams.

"you're the fucking cunt bitch", maddy screams back at her from across the room.

an embarrassing scene from the carnival of cassie suddenly starts to play and she freaks out, harshly pulling the actress that plays her off the fake carousel.

"oh this bitch needs to be put down", maddy gets up from her seat in the audience and starts to run towards the stage.

"holy fuck", i mumble under my breath, following after her along with her best friends.

she takes off her shoes while she goes up the stairs and starts to run toward cassie this time.

"maddy, no!", kat says as we follow close behind her.

"maddy beat her ass", bb starts to instigate.

she then catches up to cassie and slaps her so hard that i stopped chasing after her and took a step back, thanking god that isn't me.

they continue to run around the stage until cassie leads all of us backstage towards the main school bathrooms.

"maddy, stop trying to kill her", i call out after her but it's too late since maddy took cassie's head and made her go face first into the wall.

"beat her fucking ass maddy she deserves that shit, she fucked your boyfriend", bb yells after her. i wouldn't call myself the boyfrie- oh we're talking about nate.

after twenty minutes of screaming, fighting and crying, we all stand back as the two ex-best friends sit on the bathroom counters.

cassie is left with a prominent bloody nose from being hit with the wall so hard.

maddy on the other hand, has a cut on her foot from chasing cassie down in heels.

everyone is silent as we all look around at each other, maddy giving cassie a death stare while 'icing' her foot with a coke can.

"you know what's funny?", cassie decides to break the very loud silence, "nate broke up with me before i even went up on that stage."

"don't worry, this is just the beginning", maddy jumps off the counter and leaves the bathroom.

i let out a breath i didn't even know i was holding before leaving to check on maddy.

"it's over, i'm over it for good this time", maddy tells me, leaning against the wall with her shoes in hand.

"good, let's take you home", i start to put my arm around her shoulder but she moves before i can get the chance.

"let's leave", maddy suggests.

"what are you talking about?", i ask her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"after graduation, let's leave this place forever", her tiny hands grab both of my large ones.

"where are we gonna go?", i question her.

"anywhere but here. please tell me you'll at least think about it", she pleads with me.

"you know i couldn't say no to you", i smile which she reciprocates.

she drops her shoes and wraps her arms around my neck, placing a passionate kiss on my lips.

she then slightly pulls away to look me in the eyes, "i love you."

"w-what, what did you just say?", i know exactly what she said, i just want to make sure i heard correctly.

"i love you y/n jacobs, i always have", she pecks me on the lips once more.

"i was waiting for you to say that", she laughs and gives me a bright smile, one that looks genuine.

"well, say it back asshole", she giggles.

"i love you too dork", i kiss her on the forehead. she grabs her shoes and my hand as walk out of the door.

i don't know where this journey will take me but i hope it's somewhere nice and something we both deserve.

this woman became apart of my life from the very start before we both even knew it.

now, we're gonna be starting a life, a family.

she made me feel special since the moment i met her, like i was on cloud nine.

---