Chapter 7

Jay stood with the others around a cement slab, and he was happy to find that Pharzuph and Ashling were there and standing at his side along with Angeni, while Iceman and his group stood on the opposite side with Xavier, Magneto, and Logan at the head of the slab.

            "You have all been informed of the plan Erik and I have thought of." Professor Xavier spoke up. "This will require team work from everyone in here if we want to be successful."

            "But Professor, what if Kitty can't do it?" Iceman questioned with a concerned look. "It could kill her."

            "That is a risk we are willing to take, Kitty has already agreed to it." Magneto replied.

            Storm nodded. "We have to have faith in her."

            "I'll be fine." Kitty assured him before he could comment again.

            "Why Logan?" Sunspot asked. "Why not someone else... someone a bit more..."

            "A bit more what?" Logan growled.

            Xavier held up his hand for peace. "He is the only who may have a chance of surviving the process of having his consciousness sent back in time, even my mind would be ripped apart."

            "So what will the rest of us do?" Pharzuph inquired. "Surely we don't stand around and just wait for the Sentinels to kill us."

            "No. We guard this room as long as we can when they show up." Professor X sighed. "This will either work or we will all be dead."

            "That's a nice thought." Jay replied sarcastically.

            Logan didn't look to happy about the plan either as he laid down on the slab and stared up at the ceiling while Kitty put both hands on the sides of his head. She looked down at him with a grim expression. "You need to keep your mind calm, if you don't I could lose my hold on you and your mind could be lost forever in limbo."

            "Right..." Logan took a deep breath. "Happy thoughts."

            "Positions." Magneto ordered as he motioned them out of the room and watched as Logan's mind was sent off into the past before adding a command. "If you see anything, take it out."

            Once most of the mutants were out of the room Angeni spoke. "Professor, what about Jay and Ashling? His attacks could get him killed and she can't see the Sentinels."

            Xavier flashed Magneto a quick look before glancing at Pharzuph. "Do you think you're ready?"

            Pharzuph nodded. "May as well try it, they won't be any help here."

            "Try what?" Jay was suddenly weary about what his arrogant cousin had in mind.

            "Time travel... like full on not just the mind." Pharzuph explained. "When Professor first found us he had an idea that if I could see into any part of the past then I could possibly grow that into going into it. I could, almost; he thinks we just need a teleporter. Blink helped with the first attempt, I managed to go back a few minutes but it left me weak. I'm still not sure if I can take others with me... but it's worth a shot if we can help Logan and get out of this forsaken future."

            Jay wasn't so sure if the idea was a good one, though he did consider both options, on one hand he could stay here and get an attack while fighting a Sentinel and end up dying, or he could go back in time where it was a bit safer and hope that his cousin could actually get them there. "...Okay, I'll try it. Angeni?"

            "Of course." She replied. "What do we do?"

            "Hold onto me." Pharzuph ordered. "Stay completely still. Angeni, I'm going to be in your mind to guide you to the past and your power of teleportation should be channeled along with my power to take us back in time."

            "Should..." Jay muttered. "What happens if it doesn't?"

            "I guess we'll find out." His cousin replied as they grabbed his arms and shoulders.

            Ashling turned to Xavier and Magneto as they stood, or in X's case sat, beside Kitty. "See you in the past... and hopefully the new future."

            "Remember, we have warned Logan of this, that we were very different people back then than who we are now." Magneto told them. "Good luck getting us to cooperate."

            And with that Pharzuph pictured Washington and what it would look like where they would be going before sharing every detail as he combined his mind with Angeni's. A few seconds later he felt everyone's grip on him tighten as a weightless feeling took over all of them and they disappeared from the Chinese monastery and into momentary darkness with flashes of light that would reveal nothing. It was a short trip, though what they had seen would last longer, and if there had been enough time to think some of them would wonder if they were traveling through limbo.