[いち] 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝕙𝕚𝕘𝕙 𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕝 𝕠𝕕𝕪𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕪

U.A. High, the place where all heroic dreams come true. The only school created to allow you the freedom to write your own destiny. If you have the power, then you have a shot, kid. You'll all get your chance in the sun!

A beautiful sentiment, truly; it's why you wanted to go there. You were tired of shadows. It was your moment to step out and cultivate yourself into Japan's breakout star.

However, life doesn't work out as pleasantly as it's presented in a high school mission statement. Not everyone can become a breakout star, and you learned that rather quickly, but that doesn't mean you just rolled over and died. You became a star soon, very soon, just not right now. You learned and grew in the cover of another class's shadow until it was your time; you had fun with the people you met there too.

Except, you don't know any of this yet. 

It's only February.

You grip the straps of your backpack tightly as you trail close behind your father. The air was chilly, but it doesn't bother you, you are always quite warm, allowing you to see your frosty breath. You are always mellow in the mornings; there isn't much action to excite you during these hours. So, you don't say much as you observe your neighborhood's plastic streets that are so pristinely clean it's absurd. You almost get lost in your silence, but then your father begins to speak, and you always ensure that his words get your utmost attention.

"Y/n, this is an important day for you. You know that, right?" He turns back and smiles at you, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes.

"I know," You say as a flash of anxiety twists your stomach into knots.

"You've gotten opportunities that I couldn't imagine having when I was your age: private schools, tutors, my training. So, I hope you make my investment in you worthwhile."

You and your father arrive at the bus stop.

"I will," you say in the most confident voice you could muster, which he nods at.

Your father is wearing his normal clothes, but people are still able to recognize him so it seems. He is the Solar Hero: Apollo, ranked tenth on the Hero Billboard Chart, and he can never turn away from a fan. A small group of people push past you to ask him for an autograph or picture; he, of course, agrees.

The bus arrives, and you bid your father farewell. If he heard you he doesn't let you know. You step on the bus, pay with your pass, grabbing onto the poll that faces the window. Your father doesn't look back at you through the window as the bus departs. It dully stings to not get some last-minute encouragement from him, but you understand. He's a hero, a busy guy, and you couldn't wait to be able to light up the days of strangers with only your signature, just like him.

As your stop comes closer, your nerves couldn't help but turn to excitement. Today, you can change everything, and you will. 

You will change everything.

The bus stops, and you step off with a smile. The front gates of U.A. are absolutely massive and the main building looks so shiny with all its glass windows. You walk through the gates with some pep in your step. You see all kinds of students walking in as well.