🄅

"Are you okay?" Hajin hums as yes, her thoughts not leaving Jaemin's reaction last night. The man's eyes were so dark and she almost did not recognize him. It was a nightmare and she feels like when she wakes up, she's all lock up. But she's glad, she's not. "Why did Jaemin react like that, Jisung?"

"I honestly don't know too. It's just a ring" Jisung squint his eyes, swinging his foot by the water. "Other than them hating each other to the max, what else happened between Renjun and Jaemin?" She ask the man. "Well, they were closed. Back then. I think they're 17 and I'm 15. Renjun is not really the type to say what he wanted to say, he would keep it in his head but his mother, she knows what he's thinking"

"Jaemin ended up giving Renjun what's supposed to be his. Until it reach to the point that Jaemin had to give up his own friend so Renjun could have one. It wasn't Renjun who ask for it, it's his Mom. Since then, Jaemin suddenly hates Renjun without Renjun knowing why." Jisung narrates. "Renjun-hyung won't say it but I know, he's confuse why Jaemin is suddenly treating him like this"

"I don't know too why he won't ask a damn thing"

"What else did Jaemin give up for Renjun?" She throw another question. "There's more than you would expect. I was really uncomfortable! I know Renjun want to approach Jaemin and ask what's wrong but I don't honestly know what's stopping him from asking" Jisung jump down on the pool that ends below his chest. Hajin stay seated, her head aching from too much thinking.

"You're not thinking that Jaemin would give you to Renjun as well, don't you?"

"I'm not worth it. No one would accept me, it's a miracle Jaemin did" She fights back. "Sure, downgrade yourself as much as you want but we both know it's possible. You don't have to slap yourself and say stop being paranoid cause it is really possible. Knowing how much Auntie Huang adores you, who knows, next month you're getting married?"

"Hey, do you know something I don't?"

"Of course I do, I'm part of the family. You, you're just about to. You haven't married Jaemin yet." Jisung point out, pushing his wet hair back. "Hey, Park Jisung! I was calling you" She turn her head only to see Zhong Chenle walking towards the pool. "It's true, you're here"

"Yeah" She shrug. "I heard what happened last night, did the fight went go here and there?" Chenle gossips. "It did not. Did you come here to be nosy?" Jisung walk towards the edge of the pool. "Of course, you cousins usually fights like there's no tomorrow" Chenle did not even deny it and strip off his shoes, putting his foot in the water, like her. "Not me. Them"

"I heard Renjun is engage, to who?"

That made her and Jisung snaps their head towards Chenle. "What did you say?" She was the first to ask. "Renjun. Is. Engage. To. Who." Chenle point out. "I did not hear the name but it was going around the house. The maids know and you two don't?" Chenle adds. "Have you heard of any name?" Jisung asks. "Uhm let me think.."

"Something Lee"

"There are loads of Lee in Seoul. What if it's Jeno?" Chenle smiles. "I knew it's no serious." Jisung shakes his head in disappointment. "Come on. Why would Renjun get married?" Chenle point out. "I'm going in first" She stood up walking back in.

"Where have you been?"

Hajin halts, there stood inside, Jaemin, cross arm and is darkly staring at her. "On the pool. I was with Jisung" She answers stepping in the room. The door was shut behind her, startling her. "Why are you so mad lately?" She decided to ask. "I'm not mad" The man answer stripping his jacket. "You are! And why are you taking it out on me?"

"Don't try me right now, I might do something that will hurt you"

That fails to not surprise her. Jaemin is insane. He's really mad and he's taking it out on her. Looking at Jaemin right now, he's so miserable looking. "What's wrong with you?" She said, staring at the man. "Hajin, listen to me, you shouldn't go out anymore, you understand?"

"Jaemin, are you sick?" She ask, her eyes shaking as she stares at the man's miserable state. "What happened?" She almost cries holding Jaemin's cheeks. "Don't leave me, please" The man immediately circle his strong arm around her, snuggling his face on her neck. "I won't leave you, okay? What happened, tell me"

"Nothing, nothing happened. I'm just...scared"

Earlier the same day, Jaemin exits his room only to see Mrs. Huang on the table. A tea beside her and a bunch of paper on the glass table. Tho curiosity ate him up, he approach the table. "What the hell is this?" He ask, seeing personal papers of Lee Hajin on the table. "Hajin's papers. Better hand them to her husband"

"What the hell are you doing?!" He burst ignoring the fact that it's 8 in the morning. "Hey, fighting me back won't change a thing. If the heiress of Godai has no power against me, what about a woman who has no power at all?" Huang claims. "You really are a sadistic person. Can't you spare at least Hajin by myself?" He almost begs. "I want my son's future perfect. Unlike how your mother does to you"

"What do I need to do? What do I need to do just so you could spare me?"

"You don't really have to do anything. Hand Hajin over. It's the last thing my son would steal from you" Huang answers. "It's not even Renjun who's stealing what I own! It's you! He never want any of this, you want this" He point out. "You know your cousin, he does what I want. So, telling him what's really happening won't change a thing. He will agree"

"You're really annoying"

"Wow! What's that stare? Are you gonna murder me? Go on, I'll fight you back. After all, you're all grown up now. Fighting for a woman, I'm proud of you" Huang replied. "Let's just see if you fighting back will gain you or Lee Hajin something. You might loss one thing"

"Her life"

"I have already defeat you, I can do it again. Na Jaemin, you have no power against me. Accept your defeat and hand over Hajin"

Hajin woke up in the middle of the night feeling sweaty. Slightly removing the blanket around her, a heavy arm drop on her stomach. Knowing who's the owner, she slightly push it to sit up which she successfully did.

Quietly shutting the door behind, she halta seeing someone sitting on the couch. By the familiar back, she's sure it's Lee Haechan. "I was waiting for you, sir. We have to talk" Haechan said. "Me?" She points at herself. "Yes, it's important. Come on"

Hajin carries her glass of water in the living room, sitting across the couch to face Haechan who seems to be drunk or has been drinking. "What is it that you want to tell me?" She asks. "Do you know what the elders are planning for you?" Haechan look up, staring at her eyes. "Why would they plan something for me? I don't live here"

"You don't but you enter this hell, you won't be able to leave"

"What?" She let out. "This place is hell. Are you aware that the chair you're sitting at right now has been stained?" A scream of terror escape her mouth as she flew from the couch, standing on both of her feet. "You're right, it's blood. I can still remember how soak and how much it is dripping from the flesh of that persons body." Haechan stood up as well, his gaze not leaving her.

"If you hadn't enter, you won't end up like that person"

"But you did, and you won't be able to leave anymore. Endless gazes from the elder and from the worker, with those eyes, did you think you can walk past that gate? You can, when you're a ghost." Haechan continues. Hajin could only take tiny step back. "Even so, you challenged the most sadistic of all. The Huang"

"Would you like to listen to my story? Once upon a time..." Haechan smirk, taking huge steps towards her. "A man and a woman enter this place to chill. Have lunch and spend time together. Only one manage to get out, which one manage to get out?" Haechan continues making her gulp and glue to her place. "Clue, he got some dick and he's standing in front of you"

"I wonder what sight will I see when it's finally your time. Lee Hajin, you shouldn't have run away and went here. You made such a bold decision. You do not know where your decision took you, don't you?"

"Clue; you won't be able to see the Beauty of Tomorrow"