2- Ek Mulaakat

EK MULAKAAT:

Monami chewed on her lip, sighing for the umpteenth time. Karan glanced at her, finding her fidgeting nervously with her ring. He clutched her hand, squeezing comfortingly.

She smiled a little at him, sighing again. "Karan, agar Papa ne kuch keh diya, toh unki baat ka bura mat maanna, please?"

"Monami, yeh baat tum academy se abhi tak das baar bol chuki ho", he said. "Itni tension mat lo."

"Kaise na loon? Tum Papa ko jaante ho, na?" She said. "And unhe itna badha shock de rahi hoon main."

"Waise, tumne apne Papa ko kya bataaya hai mere baare mein?" He asked.

She turned her head slowly, and Karan glanced at the road before staring at her in surprise.

"Tumne kuch nahi bataaya unhe? Yeh toh pata hai ki tum apne boyfriend ko saath mein laa rahi ho?" She shook her head. He stared at her in shock. "Yeh pata hai ki tum kisi ko date kar rahi ho?" She shook her head again. He sighed, shaking her head. "Kis khushi mein tumne yeh nahi bataaya hai unhe?"

She stuck her lower lip out a little, and Karan turned his attention back to the road. She was getting pretty good at making him melt with her cute looks, and she took full advantage of it.

"Ab bologi, ya guess karna padega mujhe?"

"Papa bahut over-protective ho jaate hain, toh mujhe laga ki milkar bataana better hai."

"Tumhe lagta hai ki unke saamne jaakar agar tum yeh kahogi ki main tumhaara boyfriend hoon, toh yeh better hoga? Main? Wo insaan jisne tumhe goli maari thi, aur phir unhe openly challenge karke tumhe tumhaare ghar se le aaya tha?"

Monami paused, and Karan glanced between her and the road, waiting for her to get it. "I think mujhe pehle bata dena chahiye tha", she said.

He sighed, shaking his head. "Tum karne se pehle cheezen sochti nahi ho, na?" He glanced at her, finding with her with a cute pout. He felt a smile tug on his face, and he chuckled a little. "Koi baat nahi. Sab theek hoga. Tum tension mat lo."

He pushed down on the breaks, stopping outside her huge house. He hadn't taken the time to pause and stare the last and only time he had been here, but it was really a beautiful house, if a tad bit too big for his tastes.

Monami peeked into the house, holding him back and Karan watched in amusement, as her eyes danced around, pausing and inspecting her father. He followed her gaze, finding him sipping a cup of something, as he typed something on his phone.

"Hum andar kyun nahi jaa rahe hain?" He asked.

She kept a finger on his lips, narrowing her eyes at him. "Main mood check rahi hoon Papa ka", she said. "Agar zyaada bura hai, toh tum gaadhi mein wait karoge."

"Monami, unka mood duniya ka best mood ho sakta hai", he said. "Par mujhe dekhte hi kharaab ho jayega."

She shot him an irritated look. "Tum kabhi optimistic nahi ho sakte ho?"

"Tum zyaada hi ho rahi ho", he said. "Chalo, warna tum raat tak bhi aise hi rahogi, aur mujhe bhi ghar ke bahar hi rakhogi."

She scowled at him, hitting him slightly. He watched amusedly, as she took a deep breath, before nodding. "Koi baat nahi, Monami", she said to herself. "Sab theek hoga."

He chuckled, and she clutched his arm, leading him in.

Dr. Mahajan looked up, a smile spreading on his face as he looked at Monami, before it dropped when his eyes fell on him. Anger flashed on his face, and he stood up.