Chapter 2:

(Lucy POV.)

"H-Hey, wait! Where are we going?" I questioned, digging my heels into the ground and pulling us to a rough stop to prevent from being dragged off any further. Panting to catch my breath—Man, Levy sure can run.

"Why Fairy Hills, of course! The book is in my dorm... Plus, this way Gajeel or Natsu won't be able to spy on us. Remember, no boys allowed," Levy giggled, pointing to a far-off hill that held a building where some of the girls in Fairy Tail lived.

Levy beamed with joy, puffing up proudly at her genius idea that I didn't have the heart to tell her about a rule like that wouldn't stop Natsu from following if he wanted to. "Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go read that book!"

We started running for the hill, only deciding to walk the rest of the way when Fairy Dorms was practically in our reach. During this, I couldn't help but wonder about this special book. It had to be extremely special if it was worth lying to Gajeel. Levy always being the one to be open and honest when it comes to the iron dragon slayer... Even telling him off when needed.

"So, Levy-chan... What is the title of the book called anyways, and where did you get it?"

The question seemed to put a halt in Levy's steps making me glance over in concern. Though before I could ask what was wrong, the bluenette swiftly around with skeptical eyes, leaning to whisper as if it was a secret. "The book is called 'A Guide to the Dragion's Season'. Apparently, it is a limited-edition piece! Which is why I wanted you to be the first one to read it with me."

"You see, my mission paid 100,000J and an extremely rare book! The owner never said what's inside, but only stating that the Fairy Tail guild would find it more useful," Levy explained, continuing on her way as I stood in shock.

Wow... They really thought this book would be in better hands of the most destructible guild in Fiore? I frowned a little at the thought. It must hold some valuable information inside if they believed for it to be safe with us—Wait shouldn't we turn it in for Master to see then?

My logical and selfish side fought to either read the book or turn it in...

Unfortunately, for the guild, my selfish side won when arriving at the girl's dorms. The two of us walking inside the building, nothing but silence lingering in the air.

"It's so quiet..."

"Yeah, Lu-chan. I'm sure everyone is at the guild partying or getting ready to leave for a job—That's our guild for you!" Levy laughed, heading up the stairs until stopping at her door. 'And I wouldn't have it any other way,' Smiling softly to myself at the thought of my crazy family, I entered Levy's room.

Careful not to run or trip over the many books that littered the floor, finally making it safely to Levy's bed. I didn't think twice to plop down on the soft comforter, sighing in delight. In fact, I wonder if this is how Natsu feels whenever he sneaks into my bed, late at night.

Giggling at my actions, Levy grabbed a worn-out book off her desk. Slamming it on the bed as she jumped and copied my actions with a squeal. None of us containing our laughter, both commenting on each other's weirdness with teasing smiles.

However, as I rolled on my stomach to face the limited-edition book... I froze.

Something about it... It created this weird feeling in the pits of my stomach, screaming that there was something big coming.

"Are you okay Lucy?"

Levy tilted her head, concern all over her features as I cleared my mind, forcing a bright smile to forget that gut feeling that tried to pry themselves back into the mix... Maybe it was nothing. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be? Now, let's get started Levy... This book might take us all day to go through."